flashing cwm

1. ChaoticJ

ChaoticJ Well-Known Member

First off I don't have this phone...its my brothers phone that I'm trying to do but no luck. He has the ascend...obviously...firmware 2.1. I rooted his phone with z4root n was successful so I tried to flash cwm 3.0.0.5 n seems like its going to do something but tells me its unable to flash the recovery. What should I do next?

Advertisement
  2. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon Guide

I know you:p
    Get you some CM7 while your at it-Tokenpoke's guide :rock:'s
    http://androidforums.com/ascend-all...e-ascend-customization-guide.html#post2582695

Did it this way:
    http://androidforums.com/ascend-all-things-root/496474-z4root-device.html#post3928733
    Let me know if you need help:)
  3. ChaoticJ

Yep you sure do. I'm glad I can count on my esteemers to help me out ;) But anyways I rooted his phone and everything and was goin to flash cwm but it gave me an error saying something like it was unable to flash. I don't have internet so tryin to do this without a computer. My esteem is all I got :D
  4. gbiggie

Were you trying to flash recovery via Rom Manager:confused:
    How did you confirm root:confused:
  5. ChaoticJ

Yea and I confirmed thru that root check and he has su in his app drawer
  6. gbiggie

7. Johnny Crapple

Johnny Crapple Well-Known Member

There is a way to flash using terminal emulator download the recovery.img (if its not named recovery.img change it to that name and put in root of sdcard )
    open terminal emulator
    Type:
    su (hit enter)
    flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img

Sent from my typewriter.
    KOLIO, ChaoticJ and gbiggie like this.
  8. gbiggie

[​IMG] Sorry I couldn't resist :rofl:
    Should of thought/remembered that(had to do it that way with a guys Score M)
    :p
    ChaoticJ likes this.
  9. ChaoticJ

Its ok...he has root...I put root explorer on his phone and deleted some bloatware but that was it. I don't have his phone in my hand so I can't tell you exactly what the little message said. I seen his phone in the pull down and selected it and thats when it said recovery was unable to be flashed. I've never tried terminal emulator and where do you find recovery img?
  10. gbiggie

Looking through these threads and found a few-here is one http://androidforums.com/showthread.php?p=2582659
    Forgot you don't have a computer to work with-hang on will jump on the laptop and extract and upload one for you.
  11. gbiggie

12. ChaoticJ

Ha ha that's awesome! Thanks so much yet again ;) ill try it out the next time I get a hold of his phone. We'll see what happens lol