• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Flytouch 3 - Android 2.2

Hi,
I am new to this and got a flytouch 3 for my birthday,
i am a bit concerned because every time i restart the device it seems to lose all the data put on : apps, music, vids........
and all the settings to. its like i switched it on for the first time...
and it has some folders in the " my pad " icon of pictures and stuff which when ever i delete the pop back after the restart :s
it doesnt seem to work as expected,
please help
thanks

Upvote 0
Hi,
I am new to this and got a flytouch 3 for my birthday,
i am a bit concerned because every time i restart the device it seems to lose all the data put on : apps, music, vids........
and all the settings to. its like i switched it on for the first time...
and it has some folders in the " my pad " icon of pictures and stuff which when ever i delete the pop back after the restart :s
it doesnt seem to work as expected,
please help
thanks

This problem is quite common. Your internal tf card has gone read only. It is believed to be a corrupt internal tf card. you can try a re-flash, but in all likelyhood, it will just revert to as it is now after the re-flash. If that is the case you can either return the tablet for exchange or open it up and try a better quality internal tf card & a re-flash.

Reactions: qwertykz
Upvote 0
This problem is quite common. Your internal tf card has gone read only. It is believed to be a corrupt internal tf card. you can try a re-flash, but in all likelyhood, it will just revert to as it is now after the re-flash. If that is the case you can either return the tablet for exchange or open it up and try a better quality internal tf card & a re-flash.

So by trying to re install the software wont do any difference ?
if i open the device does in include any complicated work ?
thanks for the reply

Upvote 0
So by trying to re install the software wont do any difference ?
if i open the device does in include any complicated work ?
thanks for the reply

Guide is here http://androidforums.com/gome-flytouch-3/293089-superpad-2-flytouch-3-firmware-update-official-releases-5.html#post3501116

Not too difficult but you will invalidate any warranty by opening it up and you must be careful not to damage the two ribbon cables that connect the screen to the PCB.
you will need a copy of your firmware to reload after changing the tf card. If your tablet is a DISCO or DISCO10 model you can install one of Tims or Flanflingers firmwares. Best place to get a copy of your original firmware is your tablet supplier...

Upvote 0
what about the wifi range ? it seems to be a bit low :/
a friend told me that an internal antenna could be hooked up ?
and the LED when charging stays green.. is it normal ?
Thanks for all the replies :))

different people have different experiences with Wi-Fi range, mine is actually quite reasonable. Some have said that their internal wifi dongles (they look like the normal wifi usb dongle, just hard wired inside the tablet) have no antenna connected but I would point out that the antenna is actually etched on the wifi dongle pcb. If you want a better range you can buy an external usb wifi dongle. The problem is that the FT3 now has one of 3 possible internal wifi dongles fitted and I don't know which one yours has! (each one uses a different driver). Mine has a RT3070 based internal dongle and the driver is in the /etc/wireless/rt2870sta folder (the 3070 and the 2870 are more or less identical), obviously, if you have a different folder then you have a different chipset in your wifi dongle & you can buy a corresponding external dongle. I bought a Edimax EW-7711UAN adapter, to try it, it has a +3dB antenna and uses the RT3070 chip, to use it you just switch off the internal wifi adapter at the physical switch on top of the FT3 and re-boot, if you buy an adapter with a different chipset than your internal dongle you will have to run one of the gscripts in Tims firmware, and then the other gscript until it works (the scripts loads a different wifi driver) once it works it will work OK without having to run the scripts again.(but if you DO run one of the scripts your internal dongle will no longer work!) Other people have played around with patch antennas (from games consoles) on the internal dongle with mixed results. you can also play with the parameters in the config file for the internal dongle, again..people report mixed results.

Leave the charger connected long enough with the tablet switched off and the charging LED usually goes out. Again, some people have said it never goes out and I guess it will have a lot to do with the charging algorithms and the quality of the battery.....Charge it overnight, switched off and it will be as charged as it is going to get!

Upvote 0
Hey guyss CC:
Fist of all thankyou alot for all those that helped me its all better now
just 2 last questions :33
will i be able to reuse the corruped card cause its a waste having a non usable 16gb card xD
and can i just fit a 32 gb card in the tablet ?
THANKS AGAIN )

Try formatting it with SDFormatter.exe and try it in the external slot......

32GB is supported...but gawd-knows what you would fill it with!!

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Im having trouble with my speakers on my flytouch 3, only one side is working and when i put headphones in only one side works again.

Also i cant seem to get the microphone to work at all....cant even find the settings for it??? plz someone help me as it is a xmas prezzie for my mum and i want it in all working order and set up for her to enjoy.

Upvote 0
Hi all,

Im having trouble with my speakers on my flytouch 3, only one side is working and when i put headphones in only one side works again.

Also i cant seem to get the microphone to work at all....cant even find the settings for it??? plz someone help me as it is a xmas prezzie for my mum and i want it in all working order and set up for her to enjoy.

I'm afraid it sounds like you have lost one channel of the audio. It is possibly a wiring fault but I think it likely to be a faulty audio chip, especially as the microphone has issues too. The only way to check is to open the FT up, which will invalidate any warranty so if it is new I fear you will have to return it as faulty.
There are no controls for the microphone, however you can see if it is working by installing z-devicetest www.z-devicetest.zausan.com

Upvote 0
i just got my fly-touch super-pad 3 and i cant download all the apps that i want that are for android its telling me that my tablet is not compatible ....how do i fix that????:mad:

The Flytouch series of tablets is not approved (read licensed!) by Google and so will have less than a perfect experience with Market. You should be able to find most apps through other .apk repositories or through file sharing sites.

You must also bear in mind that there is no sim card inside the flytouch so many phone based apps will not work anyway.

Not all Android based devices have the same hardware so some apps will also not work because of a hardware deficiency....

Upvote 0
Hi all...I've just bought off of Amazon :

10.2" GOOGLE ANDROID 2.2 TABLET PC FLYTOUCH 3 X220 WIFI HDMI 1080P GPS CAMERA 16GB

Looks nice,not too heavy, have had a small play as I've yet to charge the battery fully. When I've been using it for a while I shall post a review and pics. One thing I can say is that you get a GPS antenna with it, it's not built in.

I do have one NOOB question though. Even though it is 16GB I bought a 32 GB SanDisk MicroSD card (also known as a TF card? I'm UK so it may well be known by a different tag). I go to put it into the TF slot but it gets so far,then angles and looks like it is in danger of disappearing inside it. I guess I can hobble along on 16GB at moment ( ;D ) but want to increase it to 32GB as I'm a Photographer and want to use it mainly for Portfolio reviewing and as a better way to store my pics rather than an External HD. (I may be needing one of them too soon!!)

Any help or input would be muchly appreciated re:mem card slot insertion.......thanks all Droiders!

Upvote 0
Mine arrived yesterday and it has two TF slots not one. Runs good and I'm gonna play around with it doing some tweaks from suggestions. 281 on quadrant.

Hi,

The price listed on the Flytouch4.com website for Flytouch 5 is 179.99 USD. Does that include delivery charge as well as they have mentioned that All products are delivered worldwide for free of charge!

Since you have bought one I thought you will be in a better position to tell me.

Thanks
Manoj

Upvote 0
I have exactly the same problem. I don't know what to do either. This is the reason we can't root the wretched thing because the new firmware shuts itself down and the tablet is then back to factory settings. I see you have been advised that the SD card is corrupt, but I would have thought that the firmware would go to the tablet's memory and not the SD card. You can ask the exerts, but they want loads of dosh for their replies, and it still might not work. Keep trying and hoping an answer will come up.:eek:

Upvote 0
I have exactly the same problem. I don't know what to do either. This is the reason we can't root the wretched thing because the new firmware shuts itself down and the tablet is then back to factory settings. I see you have been advised that the SD card is corrupt, but I would have thought that the firmware would go to the tablet's memory and not the SD card. You can ask the exerts, but they want loads of dosh for their replies, and it still might not work. Keep trying and hoping an answer will come up.:eek:

The flytouch has RAM and (incorrectly named) ROM fitted. The ROM is actually a TF card that is fitted internally into a slot on the system board. The entire operating system and its' recovery image is written to that tf card. The RAM is used by the tablet to execute the routines and programs held on the tf card. The fault where the tablet 'forgets all changes you make to the system when it re-boots appears to be down to poor quality tf cards that get corrupted and do not write changes properly.

The bootloader is written to (correctly named) ROM and it is this that executes the update process when it finds the correctly named files on the external tf card, but it is only the bootloader held there... not the system files.

AFAIK there has not been a single instance of failure to fix the forgetting changes problem when the internal card is replaced with a better quality card. Of course....you need to have the new firmware ready to install before swapping the card out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones