• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help For the love of God... Pandora issues

Sorry...if I pause Pandora and my phone sleeps then try to play again..I have the OTA.. and thanks for the help
This was always the case for me... I think it is due to the fact that Pandora runs a continuous stream that cannot be paused for long periods of time (it gets lost if pausing for long periods of time).

Upvote 0
So when I pause Pandora for more than a few minutes, the widget absolutely refuses to respond and I have to kill Pandora with a task killer (this is the sole reason I keep the tk around) and then I have to use the icon instead of the widget to restart it.

When it crashes, I have to hit the widget like 7 or 8 times to get it to open up full screen. Then I can hit the 'Like' or 'Dislike' button and they will turn blue for a second but no check appears and the play button does absolutely nothing till I go in and do the kill thing. If I try to just hit the icon before killing it, it opens up full screen does the exact same unresponsive thing.

It is rather annoying.

Upvote 0
Not sure if this will help - but I've had all kinds of problems when I use any kind of task killer on my phone. Might be worth a try to uninstall both Pandora and your task killer. When you have a solid internet connection, download Pandora and Astro. Astro is a file manager. If you absolutely need to kill an app you can do so within this by opening the app then tapping Menu > Tools > Process Manager > Select Pandora > Kill Application. Make sure you reboot your phone after you've reinstalled the apps. If this doesn't work, you may have to do the factory reboot and reload your apps 1 by 1 to see if one of them is causing some kind of interference with Pandora. Good luck!

Upvote 0
On my droid, when I open Pandora it takes forever to load and often times it errors and I have to force close or wait (same error message every time). When I select wait, it usually freezes completely. My task killer does not work to close it and I have to pop my battery out. Same happens if I select force close. I really don't know why it is doing this. Any information would be most appreciated, thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones