• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Forgot GMail Account

epic melody

Lurker
Dec 13, 2010
Well, I have a Samsung Captivate, and my friend used up all the unlock pattern attempts on my phone, and I got locked out. Since I'm locked out, I need my GMail account to get in to my phone.
Unfortunately, I can't remember ANY GMail information, including the alternate email I used to make the GMail account.
Is there any way I could recover my account differently?
If not, will I need to get a new phone?

Don't take this the wrong way, but how would people here know that you just didn't steal this phone and you are attempting to hack into the phone? My suggestion would be to go to an AT&T store and see what they can do to help. If you're in a contract with them (which I'm assuming you are), they might be able to help you with it somehow.

edit. But I personally have no idea how to get back in.

Upvote 0
Don't take this the wrong way, but how would people here know that you just didn't steal this phone and you are attempting to hack into the phone? My suggestion would be to go to an AT&T store and see what they can do to help. If you're in a contract with them (which I'm assuming you are), they might be able to help you with it somehow.

edit. But I personally have no idea how to get back in.

x2...

Your basically asking how to hack and circumvent the security on a cell phone. I'd take it to your provider.... and not let your friend handle the phone in the future.

Upvote 0
Just ran across this forum looking for another solutions and saw this thread...I Just had this happen to me last week on my hero. in the past after too many attempts it would lock me out for 30 seconds but last week it aksed for my gmail but it wouldnt take my password. I even tried resetting it through gmail NOTHING!....There is a KNOWN issue with the pattern lock on HTC hero. I tried removing battery ect. but the ONLY THING that worked was this....enter YOUR gmail login info. ( user@gmail.com ) and type "null" as the password . if that doesnt work try user@googlemail.com and "null" as password. once i unlocked pattern lock I disabled mine...I'll risk BUTT DIALING

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones