• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root forgot the password or numbers

I just brought this phone for my wife and put a password on it so nobody else could use it the problem is she forgot what she used for the password now she's locked out can anybody give me some tips on how to get passed this we already tried calling and hitting the home button to get to the menu but we still need the password to get in there to change it out can somebody please help me out thanks in advance

If you know the gmail account u register for your phone then thats the answer all you have to do is keep putting incorrect password then a forgot password button will appear if you dont know the gmail u have on your phone go to emergency call then dial *#*#2846579#*#* then press factory reset but you'll delete your contacts and apps or you call also do a factory reset on the boot screen if you turn off the phone and turn it on once you see the huawei logo quickly press and hold the volume down button hope i this solves your problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones