• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Itlooksfast

Apr 25, 2010
Ok...so I found a Droid Inc last night. It was lock with a password. I opened it up and called Verizon to see who it belongs to. Unlike some ppl I actually did that cuz I lost my phone before and hate that feeling. Anyways, Verizon told me that phone was reported lost. So I'm like what should I do? The rep was like well you can't use it or activate it. And I'm not gonna sell it to another person knowing that it won't work. Karma is a b*tch so I can't do that. So is there anyway I can use the phone?

reported as lost you can use the phone again, but the person who reported the phone as lost should be the one taking it out of this list, if a insurance claim is done with the esn of this phone you can't use it anymore.

BUT THE INC YOU FOUND IS MINE, GIVE IT BACK TO ME!

TO MAKE SURE YOU KNOW THE PHONE IS MINE BELLOW ARE SOME OF THE MARKS ON THE PHONE:

has a red ring around the camera lens
on the volume keys it has +/- marks on it

:-D

can i have it?

Reactions: necosino
Upvote 0
Are there phone numbers on the phone?
I found a phone next to a lake once and opened the contact list, found one with the name 'Dad', so I called it and said I had found a phone and to have his kid call me.
Within minutes my phone rang. I met him somewhere and gave him his phone, he was so happy I found it. Not sure why, it was a piece of crap. But he was happy :)

Upvote 0
erm... even password protected, can you root it via Unrevoked? The installer should reboot the phone. If so, do that, boot it into recovery and flash a new OS, you now have an Android-equivalent iTouch (mp3/media player/mobile browser via wifi etc). Otherwise, a hard reset should do the trick and allow for the same functionality.

Or you can return it.

Upvote 0
sounds like its yours but you cant activate it.
wifi will still work for any data services
you could use it as a dev phone if you wanted to get into that
you could donate it to a dev for use as a dev phone
you could sell it with a note that it has a bad esn-people will still buy it, just not for as much money

theres other things down the shady road that your welcome to look into if you wanted

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones