• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Free Wifi Hotspot?

robles4242

Sep 14, 2014
USA
I have paid the $5 a day a few times to use it, but thats ridiculous! Every app i have tried so far fails, and i get the error message saying im not subscribed to the service. Is there an app that works and can bypass that? Or some way some how to work around that problem?

I have a Volt on Boost Mobile. It's criminal what they do with hotspot. First, you pay for a phone that has the capability of using and becoming an internet source for other devices. Then the carrier blocks it. Then you pay for data in you data plan. Then the carrier comes along and charges you $5 for what amounts to only "minutes" worth of data and calls it a "Daily Hotspot". This deception should be illegal.

Last edited:
Reactions: xman95 and bg4m3r
Upvote 0
I have a Volt on Boost Mobile. It's criminally what they do with hotspot. First, you pay for a phone that has the capability of using and becoming an internet source for other devices. Then the carrier blocks it. Then you pay for data in you data plan. Then the carrier comes along and charges you $5 for what amounts to only "minutes" worth of data and calls it a "Daily Hotspot". This deception should be illegal.
Yeah, you'd think this would amount to double charging or something.

Reactions: xman95
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones