• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
The general rule of thumb is: Always wipe when switching versions of android.

In other words, yes, you should wipe before trying to restore the backup because you're coming from a 2.1 ROM and going back go a 1.5 ROM.

Ok. Just did a restore and now loading my backup.

That's a bummer. It was force closing like crazy, I never made it to the home screen.

Upvote 0
Has anyone been able to get setcpu to work on the new rom? i dl'd and when i try to open, it just sits at the SU screen, and eventually force closes. Any help?
no need to use set cpu on this rom it has htc power managment implemented
found one thing I dislike. You can't turn off haptic feedback.
mine turned off fine

Upvote 0
Installed this ROM tonight. Played with it a bit, switching between the different launchers (Home, sense and the nexus launcher). So far all is well. The only thing I am having a problem with is messages. I know that it is stated that the default message app will not work properly with notifications, but I can not even launch it to turn off notifications on it so that I don't get double notifications with it and handcent.

Otherwise, things are fast, smooth, and running well.

For those that want protected apps to work, you can do this easily.

I installed Fresh 2.1 built on Eris (did the market fix), then flashed this ROM on top of it (no wipe). Protected apps work fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones