Friend has 2.1 on their mytouch.

Last Updated:

1. jcorey2293

jcorey2293 New Member This Topic's Starter

I was with one of my friends yesterday and I was looking at his mytouch that he got for his birthday on June 22nd. The software looked totally different. I looked at the version and it says its 2.1. I asked him how the hell he has 2.1. He said it came that way. I said I have 1.6 and I have the 3.5mm version which is newer than his. So, how is it that a non-3.5mm has 2.1?

I started to search the forums on here and realized no one has 2.1. So, now I am questioning if his parents bought it used and the person before him installed 2.1. If not, did it get shipped new that way, or did it receive the update? I am going to ask him tomorrow where they got it from.

Advertisement
  2. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

has to be a rooted mytouch

3. tukatz

tukatz Well-Known Member

Mine is the earlier MyTouch 3G without the 3.5mm jack and is rooted and running 2.1. I got it used. I've been installing various apps on it and have noticed that display of the icons on the home screen has gotten noticeably slower. There must be something running in the background that has slowed it down in that respect. Other than that, it's great.

4. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

They probably got it used and it's rooted. Although I have heard of store employees rooting phones for customers, which seems really unlikely.

5. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

probably after hours and for a price

6. Phateless

Phateless Well-Known Member

Yeah, wouldn't surprise me.