• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Friend has 2.1 on their mytouch.

jcorey2293

Lurker
Aug 30, 2010
I was with one of my friends yesterday and I was looking at his mytouch that he got for his birthday on June 22nd. The software looked totally different. I looked at the version and it says its 2.1. I asked him how the hell he has 2.1. He said it came that way. I said I have 1.6 and I have the 3.5mm version which is newer than his. So, how is it that a non-3.5mm has 2.1?

I started to search the forums on here and realized no one has 2.1. So, now I am questioning if his parents bought it used and the person before him installed 2.1. If not, did it get shipped new that way, or did it receive the update? I am going to ask him tomorrow where they got it from.

Mine is the earlier MyTouch 3G without the 3.5mm jack and is rooted and running 2.1. I got it used. I've been installing various apps on it and have noticed that display of the icons on the home screen has gotten noticeably slower. There must be something running in the background that has slowed it down in that respect. Other than that, it's great.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones