• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

friend stream and facebook

i have unroot the phone and get problem with friend stream and facebook

i have a problem with friend stream and facebook account.

everytime i try to setup the account it tells me that "the service is currently unavailable. do you want to try again?
if i say yes get same message.
i have been into facebook account setting all platform applications where turned on so i turned it off and then back on and still the same.
tried turning the phone off then back on same thing happens

rooted the phone again and then restored from nandroid.

still the same, so installed the rom i had before and retried still same message.

unrooted the phone again and get same problem.

this is doing my head in now any ideas please.

also tried removing the apps from facebook application settings.

when i connect i get email saying it is connected, facebook then shows htc sense back application settings, and platform apps shows htc sense in there.

friend stream works now but syncing doesn't work well,

to get friend stream to work all i did is open fb on pc and goto profile and then edit education and work section, and enter city name under work.

here is the reply i got back from htc today.

"Thank you for contacting us again. How do I fix my Facebook sync? We have been working with Facebook to determine a fix for our customers. In the mean time, we have found that some customers have success when editing their work profiles on their Facebook page. If you have added a company and have checked the box next to

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones