FriendsAppWidgetUpdate in Running Services?

Last Updated:

1. Crush_Buds

Crush_Buds Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

FriendsAppWidgetUpdate: Does anyone know what this is? Apparently it runs in Maps and is displayed under my Running Services.

For the record I do not have latitude turned on.

Advertisement
  2. Trapper31

Trapper31 Well-Known Member

I was wondering about this as well a while back. I had this service running on the previous rom I was on, but since wiping and flashing a new rom it is gone.

Have you ever had Latitude running? I have not yet started that application since the factory reset, but on my previous rom I did start then stop the app. I wonder if it's something left over from Latitude, even if it is not running?

3. DoheenzMuthaEfa

DoheenzMuthaEfa New Member

I am new here but noticed this wasn't answered. Not sure if it ever was. But I looked this up wondering what it was and the running service disappeared when I killed the "Foursquare" game/app. I also killed maps and then restarted maps to make sure it wasn't maps. Still wasn't running. Then when I started foursquare again, the service (friendsappwidgetupdate) showed up again. So I think it is foursquare... or some kind of 3rd party app to show you were places are and friends are in location.

4. spotlessmind

spotlessmind New Member

Hi, I have the some problem... the service keeps turning on even if i don't have an internet connection. I don't have foursquare or any other app that could do that... What should I do?