• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Froyo 2.2 update for unlocked HTC Wildfire

According to the update given in the internet and the HTC official website, it can be known that the Froyo update is only available now for UK.
The update has not been released for any other country till now.

We hope that we will soon get the update. The problem is that HTC doesn't announce any dates for the update or publish about a new update arrived so that nobody knows about any of these.:mad:

Upvote 0
According to the update given in the internet and the HTC official website, it can be known that the Froyo update is only available now for UK.
The update has not been released for any other country till now.

As a UK user of a sim-free HTC Wildfire since August, I can tell you that Froyo has never been made available to me, nor is it available for download from HTC's UK website (which I am looking at right now).

The only country with Froyo available for its HTC Wildfire handsets is China. News of that back in July triggered speculation that Wildfires in other countries would be getting Froyo soon. HTC then confirmed (August) that it would arrive Q4 2010. So we could be waiting until December. *sigh*

Upvote 0
Got a push msg from HTC,saying Froyo update for wildfire is available.Got it downloaded and upgraded.Now my HTC wildfire is froyo powered!!!!!

Out of a overnight research,I could find the wireless hotspot working amazingly with server controls,app instalation on SD card is now possible,and increased voice capabilities...I expected some changes in the UI,but dint satisfy me in that regard.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Does any one have any information as for FROYO for the Wildfire release date?

TIA.

I contacted htc twice regarding the availability of an update for froyo but their reponse always states that currently they cannot confirm when the update is going to be launched but soon there will be an update available to user's who use wildfire which will be announced through their official website. This really annoys me too. :mad:

I beared their responses twice and still using my phone without an update. But the unavailability of an update for htc wildfire seems really strange. They already managed an update for desire and legend then why the update for htc wildfire is being delayed while in asian countries these phones are bieng sold with froyo os loaded.

When i bought this phone they strongly assured me of an update for this phone however still i haven't recieved one yet. Are they trying to fool their loyal customers. I really doubt.:(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones