• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help froze...restarted...4G was not available...exchange the phone?

plopez12

May 25, 2010
I was sending a text using the shapewriter keyboard and was trying to put it to landscape mode when it wouldn't react...i was trying to press back and the phone wouldn't respond and then all of a sudden it just restarted on me...on top of that once the phone restarted I was trying to turn on 4G but I couldn't even get the option to be available...it looked as though it was blacked out while I had no problem turning on everything else...here is a screenshot...

snap20100613_203813.png

I had to restart the phone in order for 4G to become available again...since then shapewriter has constantly "force close" on me...I don't know if that is the issue since I just installed it today

Should I take the phone back because it just randomly restarted on me and the 4G wouldn't work? Anyone else have this happen to them? Any help would be greatly appreciated...thank you

I've had occasional problems turning radios on and off. If it happens, turn the phone off (either by pressing the button or doing a battery pull) and let it sit for a few seconds, then turn it back on.

If the widgets continue to give you a hard time, try enabling the radios directly from the Settings, Wireless & networks menu. This has worked every time for me, and then the widgets start acting normally.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones