• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Functions on X. ie: Volume, Passwrds, timers, etc...

Xman007

Aug 10, 2010
Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if the "X" being the latest Hi-End phone has some of these "Basic" features, and how to make them work.

My Oooold Moto Razr & old Blackberry Perl there were (1) different ring tones for text, alarm, incoming-ring, etc. You could also set different levels of volume for each.

(2) You could lock individual applications (password protected), like text, recent calls, phone book, etc.

(3) You could also set a timer for phone to SHUT Off, and Turn ON - and pick weekdays, or weekends, or each day.

I haven't been able to figure out these BASIC things on the X yet. Can I download any apps for this, incase Moto Droid forgot to include these basic features on their hi-end phone?

Thanks in advance!

Hey guys,

I'm just wondering if the "X" being the latest Hi-End phone has some of these "Basic" features, and how to make them work.

My Oooold Moto Razr & old Blackberry Perl there were (1) different ring tones for text, alarm, incoming-ring, etc. You could also set different levels of volume for each.

(2) You could lock individual applications (password protected), like text, recent calls, phone book, etc.

(3) You could also set a timer for phone to SHUT Off, and Turn ON - and pick weekdays, or weekends, or each day.

I haven't been able to figure out these BASIC things on the X yet. Can I download any apps for this, incase Moto Droid forgot to include these basic features on their hi-end phone?

Thanks in advance!
coming from a BB too i know how you feel. I was let down by the lack of stuff included with the phone. But enough people told me its cause they want you to DL stuff for it, so they don't just include crappy basic apps, is why they do it.... i kinda believe that and i don't. It does lack a lot to start. But you can fix that with many apps, many which are free.

1. Handcent SMS or Crunch SMS can do that for you. I use handcent, both are free though. Lets you customize indiviual alerts for SMS and MMS from people, as well as change the color of the LED for them and the notification icon. Just start a chat with someone, and click on the top right icon, that lets you customize for that person.

For ringtones, download Ringdroid. It lets you cut any MP3 into a ringtone or alarm or notification tone. And assign ring tones to callers

2. BB didn't come with an app like that stock (other then total phone lock). Neither does this. There are many apps that can and will do this, i just don't know any cause i haven't bothered locking down my phone, wife freaks out when i do. LOL Search the market you will find many

Haven't found this option either. That was mainly cause BB are corporate phones, and you don't need your phone on at night. But Droids are more personal phones. I am sure once again an app exists, just not sure where. Nor am i sure it would wake up to sound an alarm like the BB one does. :( Sad i know.

Like i said, i was horribly let down by the lack of installed apps on the phone wwwhen i got it too. I came from a BB that was stocked up. However after spending a week or two on the forum, and perusing the Application section, you can quickly find all the apps you need to fulfill your desires. Just read up and always read comments on them. Now i am more then happy with my X, yeah some things the BB did better, but like90%+ the X does better. It's a fair trade off i think

Reactions: Paycer
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones