• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Funniest Question You've Been Asked

MikeC1408

Android Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2010
Essex
Thought I'd put this thread up after being asked a really stupid question.

Have been helping someone (new) set up their phone to help with battery. Was showing him how to change the refresh times on weather widgets etc......

He's just text me to ask if it is possible to change the refresh schedule on his clock :D:D

Pointed out no and it will refresh onscreen every minute and there's not much he can do about it, it's called Time.

Think he felt very stupid :rolleyes:

Reactions: Tyseyh and Eris Ed
double-facepalm.jpg

That's a classic! :D

Upvote 0
Thought I'd put this thread up after being asked a really stupid question.

Have been helping someone (new) set up their phone to help with battery. Was showing him how to change the refresh times on weather widgets etc......

He's just text me to ask if it is possible to change the refresh schedule on his clock :D:D

Pointed out no and it will refresh onscreen every minute and there's not much he can do about it, it's called Time.

Think he felt very stupid :rolleyes:
Doggif.gif

Upvote 0
I often work on motorway construction projects, which usually involve closures of lanes and slip roads at junctions at night. On my last job, we had lane 3 running and lane 1 and 2 closed, plus the slip road closed too. There were 8ft high signs saying the slip road was closed at 1 mile, half mile, 200 yards and at the slip road itself saying "SLIP ROAD CLOSED - FOLLOW DIVERSION"

It's really scary to think about the number of people who actually STOP in lane 3, roll down their window and ask "is the slip road closed??" with other traffic approaching at speed behind them, at night, on the only open lane!

It's very hard to remain polite to members of the travelling public and say "Yes, the slip road is closed, please move along" when what we want/need to say is FAR more colourful and urgent.

Some people smile, say thanks, and then ask "How do I get to the junction then?" We politely inform them to follow the diversion.......

Upvote 0
I stopped a guy in the street one time and asked him if he had the time, he replied in broken English; "I'm sorry sir, I am French," and he walked off.

So is it time for the joke of the day?

So a young fellah in Maine goes into the country store. While inside, he asks an older gentleman if he has the time.
"Don't reckon I do." Say the older man
"Well, I don't mean to be rude," says the younger man, "but I see you have a watch on."
"Ayuh."
"So why won't you tell me the time?"
"Because. I tell you the time, and we'll start to talking. Come to find out you like fishin'. Well, I like fishin' as well. And I'd let slip I've got quite a fishin' spot behind my house, and being neighborly I'd have to invite you down. So we'd go fishin'. And then you'd mention you've got a old truck needs tinkerin'. So I'd offer to come by and give you a hand. While I'm helping with the truck, you'd mention you have some deer steaks in the freezer. So I'd have you over for a barbeque, and we'd get to drinkin'. Well, I couldn't let you drive home, so I'd offer you the spare room. And you'd notice my daughter is quite a looker. So there'd likely be some hanky panky. Next thing is, my daughter's pregnant, and we'd have to have a shotgun wedding. And I'll be damned if I'll have a son-in-law to cheap to buy a wrist watch!"

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones