• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help G1 Battery Dies Unusually Fast

Jay67

Lurker
Dec 29, 2010
So I've had my G1 for a while and it has always been rooted. I recently tried a new ROM called Froyo for Trout and I liked the speed of it so I stuck with it. About a week after I installed this ROM, I got and app to overclock my phone. My phone began draining the battery extremely fast so I just set the settings back to what I thought was normal and deleted the app. Ever since this, my battery dies quickly and the indicator is useless as it's never correct. It may just be me but I think it dies faster after I charge it overnight. Today I got sick of this after it died, turned back on, died again, and then stopped turning on for an hour. I can't really explain the behavior since it is so random and I can't notice a distinct pattern. Does anyone know how I can get it back to normal?

Thanks!

Does anyone really have a true success story with a Rooted and flashed (Froyo or later) G1 ?

btw...my unrooted, bone stock G1 goes about a day and a half on a charge unless I run a lot of videos on it. This is with a 2yr old battery.

I don't think I have a problem with USB battery drain do I? It always charges fully when it's on USB charge. Am I just lucky? Or is it simply that noone's messed with the OS on this phone?

Upvote 0
Does anyone really have a true success story with a Rooted and flashed (Froyo or later) G1 ?

btw...my unrooted, bone stock G1 goes about a day and a half on a charge unless I run a lot of videos on it. This is with a 2yr old battery.

I don't think I have a problem with USB battery drain do I? It always charges fully when it's on USB charge. Am I just lucky? Or is it simply that noone's messed with the OS on this phone?
G1's in general are terrible with battery life, but I think the fact that you are running the stock OS makes your battery life last a bit longer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones