• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Galaxo v1.6 is out!

you have to put I7500XEJC6-PDA-CL209906.tar on your internal sd and rename to SAMSUNG.tar and the recovery restores gapps from there...
Nice, I believe I did that and that means samsung.tar is corrupted somehow...

make sure you are renaming the I7500XEJC6-PDA-CL209906.tar to SAMSUNG.tar and not I7500XEJC6-PDA-CL209906.tar.gz

Upvote 0
the same problem for me

Restoring Google apps
-- Press HOME to confirm, or
-- any other key to abort..
-- Restore started...............
Restore aborted : see /sdcard/recovery.log

i`m trying official jc6 and with jc6 russia renamed as samsung.tar and as SAMSUNG.tar,but the same problem everytime!!!!!
why?what i do wrong????

edit: the files those are in the samsung.tar
amss
arm9boot
arm11boot
cache.img
kernel
recovery
system

Upvote 0
I get same problem too. It was my first time trying Galax0 but back to the official firmware for now :( .

the same problem for me

Restoring Google apps
-- Restore started...............

i`m trying official jc6 and with jc6 russia renamed as samsung.tar and as SAMSUNG.tar,but the same problem everytime!!!!!
why?what i do wrong????

Upvote 0
So what's in the log?

Install from sdcard complete.
-- Restoring Google apps
-- Restore started...
.Fichier mise Γ  jour trouve : /sdcard/SAMSUNG.tar
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /data failed: Device or resource busy
Extraction de l'image systemtar: system: not found in archive

Erreur lors de l'extraction du fichier image

-- Restoring Google apps
-- Restore started...
.Fichier mise Γ  jour trouve : /sdcard/SAMSUNG.tar
..........Extraction de l'image systemtar: system: not found in archive

-- Restoring Google apps
-- Restore started...
.Fichier mise
Γ  jour trouve : /sdcard/SAMSUNG.tar
mount: mounting /dev/block/mmcblk0p1 on /data failed: Device or resource busy
Extraction de l'image systemtar: system: not found in archive

if you can it helped us.thanks

Upvote 0
which means the below was your problem

you even said it in your post that you renamed the full tar and not the pda installed in it.
its an easy mistake to make as the person who packaged it packed it with pda in the name

make sure you are renaming the I7500XEJC6-PDA-CL209906.tar to SAMSUNG.tar and not I7500XEJC6-PDA-CL209906.tar.gz

Upvote 0
Hi Guys

Its been a month I have been trying to flash GLAXO ROM on my Galaxy and each time i fail to restore g.apps

i think i am getting the wrong file here

could anyone be kind enough to post the correct file so that i can continue with the flashing.

Regards

Sandeep
for example in galaxo1.2
you need to get the *PDA*.tar inside that update (smaller one!)
and make sure you make the right version of recovery!

Upvote 0
Sorry guys, after I realized my mistake with using the whole package renamed in Samsung.tar instead of PDA.tar file only I forgot to explain what was the problem... and of course many of u had the same problem. But this is normal when the instructions are written for someone who already has know how, so these important finesses are not marked as they should so there are many misunderstandings.

Anyhow, I have using Galaxo 1.6.2 and I cannot really say I'm very happy. Batterry lasts for a day without obvious reason what's draining it so fast. If I call/GPS/WiFi and 3G browse all the time It lasts the same as I just leave the phone doing nothing (without GPS, WiFi, Calls and 3G on).

With official JC4 (No Galaxo) I had two states changing without obvious trigger: Extremely fast battery draining (as no sleep bug) and extremely slow operation which was even more annoying but the battery lasted for few days.

Now back to the Galaxo 1.6.2 JC6, I just found out that Cardio trainer has big problems fixing the GPS position. And after it fixes it (if at all) it looses it very easily. I manage to fix the position with Gmaps a bit faster and a bit better but it still isn't as it was with the IK5 for example.

Could flashing with Odin and IK5 phone.tar solve the problem?

Upvote 0
Could flashing with Odin and IK5 phone.tar solve the problem?
id suggest just to try it, u can use anny phone.tar with any system without problems. just try and keep the one that works best for you. flashing the phone.tar is a matter of a few seconds, you need about one minute from shutdown to restart with new baseband. and as i see it samsung is working hard to improve battery life by tweaking some hardware stuff that is located in the baseband, but is making things worse instead in many areas. if you also have problems with 3g or no sleep bug id suggest you use ih8 baseband which has slightly worse battery life but is working like intended for me.

you can download ih8 baseband here if you want
http://archiv.to/GET/FILE4BB8CCF68D954

because ih8 is one package i put the amss into another phone.tar, so dont think about the CL... part ;-)

Reactions: Frojd
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
make sure you push it with adb and not copy and paste

put it in your sdk tools directory and type

adb push SAMSUNG.tar /sdcard/

I must say I didn't find that necessary. I thought that was the thing I was doing wrong but it isn't. I was just using the whole damn JC6 update file instead of just the pda file inside the package.

Copy/paste will do just fine. If it fails (and everything else was done just right) than he should consider doing it with adp push...

BR

Upvote 0
I must say I didn't find that necessary. I thought that was the thing I was doing wrong but it isn't. I was just using the whole damn JC6 update file instead of just the pda file inside the package.

Copy/paste will do just fine. If it fails (and everything else was done just right) than he should consider doing it with adp push...

BR

yeah no worries, just sometimes copy paste messes up the file, if you use adb push in the first place then it saves messing about with it again later

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones