• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy Exhibit Battery Drain

GreenDino

Jul 4, 2014
Hey guys this is my first post ever on the forums :D So I charged my phone last night to 100% but then in the morning it went down to 30% Can anyone help me as to why my phone drains so fast? And can you tell me how to fix it please? I also added a picture of my battery use if that helps Thanks in advance you guys :)

Attachments

• 1404483870931.jpg
    1404483870931.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 57
Imho all those extra apps running in your statusbar seem to look guilty to me lol. I personally dont think any of those battery apps or security apps do anything but make it worse.. if your looking to get more out of your device i would suggest looking in the all things root section for your device ;)

Other than that the device itself isnt the 'most capable' so you kinda get what you pay for :/

Which is exactly why we root our phones lol

Upvote 0
I agree with drift the juice defender is doing most of the harm the android software is doing one job and the juice defender is confusing it . remove juice defender and I would do a complete removal and do a reboot wait 5min and reboot again and see . if you don't want to reboot do a factory data reset . fresh system without the juice defender will work wonders . juice defender was reported not to been working with any software 4.0 and up .

Upvote 0
1 other suggestion (which i doubt is the case) would be to recalibrate the battery..

the simple wiping battery stats in recovery thing doen't work how it used to but i know of 1 method which proved very very useful when i had the lg esteem,

step 1 is to charge phone too 100%

step 2 is to (once phone is at 100%) reboot the device with wire still plugged in

step 3 as the boot animation begins to appear, pull the battery out...

step 4 wait 20 seconds then place battery back in and leave the device alone, wait for the charging screen to appear and see where the percentage is.. if you are anywhere under 90% than repeat the proccess a few times untill the device remains around 98% after powering on etc...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones