• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Hi folks - I thought this thread was closed a long time ago! Does anyone besides me still have their Galaxy Nexus? I have that, two OG Droids (not sure how I ended up with two) and my Moto X. The Droids still power up and run Android 2.2 (Froyo) custom ROMs. I look at those 3.5" screens and marvel how we managed to do so much with such tiny displays!
:D

Upvote 0
Hi folks - I thought this thread was closed a long time ago! Does anyone besides me still have their Galaxy Nexus? I have that, two OG Droids (not sure how I ended up with two) and my Moto X. The Droids still power up and run Android 2.2 (Froyo) custom ROMs. I look at those 3.5" screens and marvel how we managed to do so much with such tiny displays!

Don't hate me. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max. I know. Steven has an iPhone. Disgusting. What's worse that is that I have AirPods, an MacBook Pro, and an iPad. My Sony Vaio laptop is just sitting on top of my printer and has been since the first of the year.

Regarding the thread: The glorious Gnex thread is closed and possibly deleted because I can't find it. This is just the ol' watering hole.

How you doing, brother? You good?

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
I'm good, Steven... very well, in fact! Wow, we should talk some time! I can't imagine a thread with over 64k epic posts (well... 24k epic posts with a bunch of "that's what she said!" comments) being deleted. I mean, that's hysterical! I mean... historical!

Not sure if you saw it, but in 2019 I posted a YouTube video comparing the Note 10+ to the Motorola Droid, almost 10 years to the day of its release. Wow, phones have come a long way since the Droid, the Gnex, Moto X, etc!

But... you're in the walled garden now?

Ewwwww I need to go take a shower now :p

j/k Steven, no one's perfect! It's great to hear from you!

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Don't hate me. I have an iPhone 11 Pro Max. I know. Steven has an iPhone. Disgusting. What's worse that is that I have AirPods, an MacBook Pro, and an iPad. My Sony Vaio laptop is just sitting on top of my printer and has been since the first of the year.

Regarding the thread: The glorious Gnex thread is closed and possibly deleted because I can't find it. This is just the ol' watering hole.

How you doing, brother? You good?

Challenge accepted, lol. This actually took 10min to track down, LMAO

https://androidforums.com/threads/official-galaxy-nexus-pre-release-speculation-thread.401681/

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
It's not that easy to get rid of me :D

It's hard to believe that I'm on my 8th phone after the Galaxy Nexus. It was the chosen one! The amazing marriage of Samsung and Google, getting the best of both worlds! Then Samsung and Google got divorced, and left us with... a phone. Yeah.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

Upvote 0
Maybe she pops in on her browser just to peek at what's going on. If so, we miss you, BB!

Looking forward, our oh-so-hectic social calendar is filling up fast: so if I don't get back in here before the holidays kick into high gear, I want to wish you and yours a reasonably pleasant, but politically-nondescript, Winter Solsti-Christma-Kwanz-Ukkah!

That's my signature holiday greeting to cover pretty much everything

[/Spolier]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones