• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Similar yes, but those plastic inserts inside the rubber won't fit ours.

Yeah what about the skulls blkbeltkid they work no issues?

I know they're pricey but I love my Shure earbuds. Noise cancelling, they have a bunch of different inserts so that there is something that will fit and be comfortable for you. But they are pricey.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Question for those who have thrown a ROM onto their Nex. Which one are you running, what are the big improvements, what are the bugs (I would say major bugs, but minor to you might be major to me and visa versa)? I haven't felt the need to put a ROM on this one yet. The only thing I wish I had that stock doesn't offer is Facebook sync, but even that isn't too big of a deal.

Upvote 0
Question for those who have thrown a ROM onto their Nex. Which one are you running, what are the big improvements, what are the bugs (I would say major bugs, but minor to you might be major to me and visa versa)? I haven't felt the need to put a ROM on this one yet. The only thing I wish I had that stock doesn't offer is Facebook sync, but even that isn't too big of a deal.

A lot of us are running Romans AOKP build 14. I have not encountered any bugs everything works great for me. It has FB sync (most of the latest 4.0.3 ROM's do). It's faster than stock and has better battery life even with the kernel that comes packaged with it which is a stock kernel. It also has some nice customizations that are OPTIONAL and that is why I like it so much. You get to choose :)

Upvote 0
About to order P90X do any of you have suggestions as to which bands and/or pull up bar to get with it? I see so many different kinds....just wondering if one brand is more preferable than others. tia!

Oh, if you haven't already ordered P90x...you might want to take a look at Insanity. Doesn't use any extra bands or pull-up bars. Works really well too.

Upvote 0
Oh, if you haven't already ordered P90x...you might want to take a look at Insanity. Doesn't use any extra bands or pull-up bars. Works really well too.

Thx I researched them a lot last night. The overall feeling I got was P90X was more geared to burning fat (I know they both do) and that it was a more complete program with all the diet and such.

My father is a triathlete and I've been an exercise fanatic all my life until the past 2 years (marriage lol) so I have the basic knowledge of how to get into shape and what to eat and not to eat. P90X seemed "just right" but I'm always open to suggestions if you have info that could further inform me of the 2 programs :D

Haven't ordered yet still reading

Upvote 0
Thx I researched them a lot last night. The overall feeling I got was P90X was more geared to burning fat (I know they both do) and that it was a more complete program with all the diet and such.

My father is a triathlete and I've been an exercise fanatic all my life until the past 2 years (marriage lol) so I have the basic knowledge of how to get into shape and what to eat and not to eat. P90X seemed "just right" but I'm always open to suggestions if you have info that could further inform me of the 2 programs :D

Haven't ordered yet still reading

Well, I don't know a lot about P90x, but I know a good bit about Insanity. I'm pretty sure Insanity comes with a "nutrition guide" but not a set diet like I think P90x does. The major difference I've seen between the two is Insanity seems to be more of a cardio workout than p90x does. P90x focuses a little on resistance training to bulk up or "get ripped" whereas Insanity is all about interval training, which to me seems more cardio intensive. It incorporates a lot of plyometric type activities as well.

You start out on Insanity with a fitness test that you repeat every x number of weeks (can't remember the number). The test will have several exercises that you do and see how many reps you can get in a certain period of time...say 3 minutes. You do as many as you can on each and write that down on your chart. He gives you time to write it down before moving to the next one. Then you start the program. When you do the fitness test again, you should not only go up in every exercise, but you should exponentially go up in the ones that were performed towards the end. The first time you do it, you are totally worn out by the last 2-3 exercises and you will barely do any.

The workout routine for Insanity is usually as follows: brisk warmup period, stretches, then you go hard for about 3 minutes, 30 second rest, repeat for the next 30 minutes or so, then cool down/stretch. He really focuses on stretches. I think between the two, you would be more athleticly fit at the end of Insanity than you would with P90x. You may be stronger and look more ripped with P90x, but with Insanity you would probably be more flexible, agile, and have more endurance. This is just my opnion though. Some of the exercises I can remember from Insanity are jogging in place, jump squats, up-downs, "basketball jumpshots", mini line drills, quick feet type drills, a lot of different variations of pushups, plank positions, kick backs, high knees, etc.

Upvote 0
Awesome the kind of info I like personal experience! Thanks svt_ very much!

No problem! I know people who have done P90x and people who have done Insanity and both have different things to say, but I guess it depends on what you want to accomplish. I do know a couple who have done both P90x and Insanity. They did P90x first for several weeks, don't know that they completed it, then tried Insanity and they couldn't get over how hard it was to complete a workout.

Edit: Someone please Thank me!!! I've been thanked 666 times!!! EEK!!!!

Upvote 0
No problem! I know people who have done P90x and people who have done Insanity and both have different things to say, but I guess it depends on what you want to accomplish. I do know a couple who have done both P90x and Insanity. They did P90x first for several weeks, don't know that they completed it, then tried Insanity and they couldn't get over how hard it was to complete a workout.

Edit: Someone please Thank me!!! I've been thanked 666 times!!! EEK!!!!

This is what I want to accomplish: I want to lose body fat/weight (I'm 5'10" 195lb for my frame I need to be 175'ish), build up my heart, and get cut in that order, and fit in my clothes/jeans I used to wear. So with Insanity being "so difficult to complete a workout" would it be too discouraging initially, as I'm out of shape atm?

Upvote 0
This is what I want to accomplish: I want to lose body fat/weight (I'm 5'10" 195lb for my frame I need to be 175'ish), build up my heart, and get cut in that order, and fit in my clothes/jeans I used to wear. So with Insanity being "so difficult to complete a workout" would it be too discouraging initially, as I'm out of shape atm?

I'll be honest, it's pretty discouraging initially, but within a couple of weeks you really see your endurance has skyrocketed by the time you get to the fitness test again. It's really a kind of workout that you adapt to though. He repeatedly tells you throughout the process that if you have to, take a break and jump back in. Since the whole thing is based on interval training, I found it really helpful and encouraging to know that I only had x number of seconds to go till I got a water break. Depending on which workout dvd you're doing, you go hard for 3-5 minutes and then you get a 30 second water break. I've always been a fan of interval training because I absolutely hate putting forth low-medium effort for long periods of time. I really like high intensity sports/activities where you go all out and then you get a breather. Which is why I played and still enjoy playing tennis.

BTW...I'm about the same frame as you. 5'10" 170 lbs.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones