1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

1. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Hate to hear that. I'm so careful this phone is soo slippery (tpu case went bye bye) I hold it with the 5 fingered Focker kung-fun-death-grip when pulling it out of my pocket. The worse thing is letting others hold it....like they're holding my infant!! :p
  2. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

I don't let anyone hold it unless they are sitting and by carpet. Like an infant
    eddieruko and jbdan like this.
  3. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

So question for anyone using AOKP. I install the new one and when it reboots, it comes up with a window that says Android is upgrading... Optimizing applicaiton __ of 144.

It did this when I first did 17. Not before that. Is this happening for anyone else, and should it be happening?
  4. blkbeltkid17

blkbeltkid17 Well-Known Member

That's sad hehe I let them see it but if they break it they buying it
  5. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

!o!
  6. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

It'll always do this after a dalvik wipe. Means you done good ;)
  7. AndroiDad75

AndroiDad75 Well-Known Member

whew. :-D Never did that when I had the Dinc, so wasn't sure. Thanks jbdan.
    jbdan likes this.
  8. eddieruko

eddieruko Well-Known Member

i do have insurance, thankfully. not sure i wanna go through the hassle just yet. not sure how insurance will handle it either being so new. anyone have experience?

fortunately, most of the damage is near the top of the screen and really doesn't impair the image/digitizer underneath. not sure if the front camera will continue to be usable but miraculously the cracks splintered around the lens.

we'll see how long i can go with it. maybe the screen+digitzer will pop up somewhere. i haven't looked much but it appears nothing is available yet.

i forced myself to run, rather than backstep 10 paces into my place and reach for the beer. i've got a race this wknd too so had to de-stress it out. good ol' shiner usually gets me tho :D
    BabyBlues likes this.
  9. blkbeltkid17

The bad thing about it is of you go with insurance you will more then likely get a referb phone but then again it is new enough that you may get a "new" new one if you call now
    BlueBiker likes this.
  10. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Well-Known Member

Was relatively painless when I had my orange juice enriched OG Droid replaced. VZW sent a replacement overnight w/prepaid return box.

Some people try to schedule their returns so they get a new rather than refurb replacement, no idea how that'd work in your case.
  11. eddieruko

eddieruko Well-Known Member

whoa. junk pasted first time.

[​IMG]

hahaha this cracks me up.

but... also not sure why this picture popped up when selected.
    [​IMG]
  12. Copacetic

Copacetic Well-Known Member

Wondering if anyone knows what this is, I used Wugs one step (went flawlessly), but now my laptop(windows 7, 64] says I have a file called c: program and it wants me to rename it, I attached the screenshot.

[​IMG]
  13. mistermojorizi

mistermojorizi Well-Known Member

I'd buy my kid an iphone...it's bulletproof so not worried about them bricking it. It holds it's value well so you'll be able to sell it for not much less. Cheapest is upgrade price.after that, try ebay. Though if get her a 4...the s isn't much better
    IHateMyTreo likes this.
  14. BlueBiker

Could be that something was trying to install files under the "C:\Program Files\" directory but it got confused when it encountered the space. If the installer isn't very smart, you could try installing the program somewhere else on your hard drive in a folder that doesn't have any embedded spaces in the name.

Not sure what to suggest w/that dialog though -- you want to cancel and back out, but it doesn't really have that option unless you can click on its close box.

Is this the second time you're installing that program? If so, maybe it created a file called Program.exe in the root of your C: drive the first time and is properly checking before overwriting it the second time. I'm not sure if Windows normally hides the .exe suffix if this is what happened.
  15. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Those are really good points. I don't feel like a traitor now.:)
  16. Thats

Thats That guy is This VIP Member

My phone is in either 3 places:
    My hand
    My pocket
    My locker while I am at work

I don't really need to worry about security with having a button up pocket in my ABUs, so nothing to worry about. I also HIGHLY doubt anyone in the Air Force would steal from another comrade. Especially since I have lookout installed, just in case. ;)
  17. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

Anyone? XD

Well I thought the whole idea was finding a wireless method. If you wanted a wired method, you could have just used the official Android File Transfer application.

On a sidenote, could anyone tell me a little more about FTP servers? I realize that might be rather vague, and that this thread isn't really a computer science crash course, but I know nothing about the concept and would like to learn more. The Wikipedia pages on the topic are convoluted with all sorts of jargon and acronyms that are way over my head. Thanks in advance. :)
  18. Copacetic

I can close the box by clicking ignore and everything seems fine until I restart the computer, then I get this again. I can't even find the"file"it refers to. If this was created by dir cmd in Wugs One Step, (I know it started after running Wugs) is it safe to fix it by letting it rename it?
  19. BlueBiker

I don't really know, but I'd probably avoid letting it rename something if there's any chance it could muck with the Program Files directory.

If this is happening to you, maybe other Wugs One Step users are hitting it also. Can you find a forum covering them?
  20. Copacetic

I posted on other sites as well, thanks for your input!
    BlueBiker likes this.
  21. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Nova will see icons for you to change to from adw themes I think.

FTP is a file hold/transfer in its simplest form. Someone else would be better able to give a real explanation.
  22. blkbeltkid17

Good night my fellow nexicans
  23. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

g'nite blkbelt !
  24. RazorSharp

RazorSharp Well-Known Member

By the way all, sorry for the lack of RSRSS posts lately, work stuff has really picked up. Unfortunately, being so backed up means that I've just got more and more posts to go through! XD I guess there will just have to be a super-mondo sized link digest soon.
  25. BlueBiker

Bad RazorSharp, no cookie. :mad:
    BabyBlues likes this.