• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

I wish our winter was without snow. Now we have this.... Dislike.

Meanwhile, in NOLA:

qPCyd.jpg

Dislike!!!

NOLA winters are usually mild, but we do get the occasional snow and hard freezes. But this is just too dammed hot for January.

Upvote 0
You live in SB! You lucky dawg is that like the only day it's rained all year :D

What a beautiful place flew in to SB and stayed in San Luis Obispo for 2 weeks....heaven out there!

Its awesome here...beach, beach, mountains, beach....and yes it only rains for about 3 days all year. Otherwise 70 and sunny is our forecast, our weather people have an easy job!!!! I do miss seasons tho, spent 10 years between Missouri and georgia. And my fiance grew up in Iowa, so we both have to vacation somewhere there is actual weather every year. We own a cabin in Montana, so that is usually our vacation spot. Funny about the weather too...we are planning our wedding for September and all the places we want to go for the honeymoon actually have snow in September, so looking forward to that.

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
Its awesome here...beach, beach, mountains, beach....and yes it only rains for about 3 days all year. Otherwise 70 and sunny is our forecast, our weather people have an easy job!!!! I do miss seasons tho, spent 10 years between Missouri and georgia. And my fiance grew up in Iowa, so we both have to vacation somewhere there is actual weather every year. We own a cabin in Montana, so that is usually our vacation spot. Funny about the weather too...we are planning our wedding for September and all the places we want to go for the honeymoon actually have snow in September, so looking forward to that.

Congrats on the future marriage that is awesome! Yeah the change of season is great in GA that is something I am grateful for indeed. But still, that weather where you are, there ain't nothing like it! And a cabin in Montana? WOW!

movie hint for anyone....we live in Santa Barbara, CA and 15 min from here a movie about wine country was filmed.....Sideways. if Anyone ever visits this area let me know....some of the best wine tasting anywhere,!!!!

Thanks for that! When in Obispo I was there with a girlfriend. Her sister and brother-in-law own a winery (very small Windemere I believe), but I got to see the whole process and sample to my hearts delight. You live in la-la land so dreamy!

Upvote 0
Anyone having trouble with their Market? :/ I've got just under a hundred apps installed, give or take, but when I go to "My Apps," I see 27 installed, 13 not installed (though those 13 are in fact all installed), and the others are all missing! I don't have any updates listed, though I know some of mine have updates ready - when I search for them, I see the app in the search results, and it says it has an update. Rebooting seems to do nothing. Anyone got ideas for me?

Did you try clearing all data / cache in Settings > Apps > All > Market ?

Upvote 0
movie hint for anyone....we live in Santa Barbara, CA and 15 min from here a movie about wine country was filmed.....Sideways. if Anyone ever visits this area let me know....some of the best wine tasting anywhere,!!!!

Love that movie. Lived in Petaluma (Sonoma county) for a few months but I was under age the whole time. Did get to score some Lagunitas beer from my housemates though :D

Upvote 0
Capture-1.jpg

A little rough in SWFL this time of year...

I say this with all the luv I can for a fellow Nexus lover.....I intensely would like to throw you in the snow right now. :D

[Hide] can't though cause my thighs are still in bad shape after class the other night. Lol. [/spoiler]

Reactions: sgrinavi
Upvote 0
The 4-foot stock cable that came with my Nexus actually went bad. Cables DO go bad from time to time.

They go bad even quicker if you have a new kitten. Don't ask how I know that. :(

Sony has done an exemplary job of implementing software into their devices that recognizes when digital content does not have a qualified "signature" and either stops playing or drops the audio on playback. No government involved, no lawful product users affected, bad guys directly targeted. A win for all parties. I can not say a law passed by Big Brother would have the same effect.

Ugh, you couldn't have picked a worse company to admire! There are many people who will never ever buy any SONY product because of their notorious use of rootkits on CDs. Seriously, they infected their own customers with malware as an anti-piracy measure. :mad:

I had some 8-tracks when I was a tween, but LP's was the norm.
Cassettes were out by the time I started driving.:D

My dad used to have a big garbage bag full of 8-tracks. When I was a kid our stereo in the living room played 8-tracks, LP's and cassette. The first time I heard Bill Cosby's "Himself" was on 8-track and listened to it many times. There was a Lilly Tomlin one also. And I'm only 34.

There are still some songs that sound weird to me because they don't have that loud ka-chunk at certain places where my old 8-track would skip to the next tracks.

Reactions: vandyman
Upvote 0
They go bad even quicker if you have a new kitten. Don't ask how I know that. :(

There are still some songs that sound weird to me because they don't have that loud ka-chunk at certain places where my old 8-track would skip to the next tracks.

Uh-oh. Naughty kitten.

Can't say I have know what an 8-track sounds like

Upvote 0
Did you try clearing all data / cache in Settings > Apps > All > Market ?
That's a good idea, thanks :) I tried it, and it seems to have helped a little - now it has an update ready, 38 apps installed, and 2 not installed (though both of those still are apps that I do in fact have installed). However, it seems most are still missing.

Upvote 0
completely off topic, but hey, this is the lounge and i know we have some star wars fans in here. ;)

STAR WARS UNCUT IS FINALLY FINISHED!

i have been watching their segments since the project started in '09 and can't wait to see the whole thing at once. fans were asked to submit 15 second homemade clips of episode IV which were stitched together to make the entire film. seeing so many different takes on such a familiar movie is amazing and makes for some hilarious moments.

http://www.starwarsuncut.com/watch

:D

Reactions: vandyman and jbdan
Upvote 0
Anyone having trouble with their Market? :/ I've got just under a hundred apps installed, give or take, but when I go to "My Apps," I see 27 installed, 13 not installed (though those 13 are in fact all installed), and the others are all missing! I don't have any updates listed, though I know some of mine have updates ready - when I search for them, I see the app in the search results, and it says it has an update. Rebooting seems to do nothing. Anyone got ideas for me?

I see it now :)

I'd do what BB's suggested.

I'm thinking you restored these apps with TiBu no?

Reactions: RazorSharp
Upvote 0
Running it with Faux 10m

Battery is amazing and I have it set to defaults. Only been running it for an hour or so. Gonna go through a few cycles before posting battery screen shot.

Was wondering if anyone knew if the mod to have the nav bar buttons reflect is compatible with a 4 button setup and if so, what is the mod called? Also, if I switch to nova launcher, do the settings in ROM CONTROL become overwritten?

How's everyone doin?

Read the RSRSS! Thanks razor!

Upvote 0
That's a good idea, thanks :) I tried it, and it seems to have helped a little - now it has an update ready, 38 apps installed, and 2 not installed (though both of those still are apps that I do in fact have installed). However, it seems most are still missing.
I see it now :)

I'd do what BB's suggested.

I'm thinking you restored these apps with TiBu no?
Interestingly enough, when I checked again, everything was there! Lots of updates to take care of, haha. There was still one app listed as Not Installed, but it was one that I'd gotten through GetJar, not the Market. Thanks BB!
Sure thing :) Another big one coming soon.

Reactions: jbdan and BabyBlues
Upvote 0
Running it with Faux 10m

Battery is amazing and I have it set to defaults. Only been running it for an hour or so. Gonna go through a few cycles before posting battery screen shot.

Was wondering if anyone knew if the mod to have the nav bar buttons reflect is compatible with a 4 button setup and if so, what is the mod called? Also, if I switch to nova launcher, do the settings in ROM CONTROL become overwritten?

How's everyone doin?

iirc jackstraws mod in the aokp thread I started has something of the sort. I don't think I've seen the reflection mod solely for AOKP though....

You mean if you install nova do the settings you made in ROM control change? I wouldn't think so or if they did you could revert them manually :thinking:

Good questions! How ya been

Interestingly enough, when I checked again, everything was there! Lots of updates to take care of, haha. There was still one app listed as Not Installed, but it was one that I'd gotten through GetJar, not the Market. Thanks BB!

Sure thing :) Another big one coming soon.

Glad BB's fixed it for ya and it's working properly!

Reactions: jmar
Upvote 0
iirc jackstraws mod in the aokp thread I started has something of the sort. I don't think I've seen the reflection mod solely for AOKP though....

You mean if you install nova do the settings you made in ROM control change? I wouldn't think so or if they did you could revert them manually :thinking:

Good questions! How ya been

Seems like it didn't change anything.

I will flash the mod and see what's good...nandroid before of course.

I have been well! Just busy with life!

Like I said a post or two ago...I miss you all!

jmar

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones