Galaxy Nexus Watering Hole

Last Updated: 2015-05-26 06:29:03
  1. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me! VIP Member

Pickles are delicious however there is a picture on my wall that says "Pickles are cucumbers soaked in evil". That is because the companies who pack the pickles are not the nicest people (with exceptions here and there) :D

Advertisement
    dawnierae and jbdan like this.
  2. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear. Could be worse right? :)

IoI!
  3. MSUgEEk

MSUgEEk Well-Known Member

True. As long as what the wife and I are worried about isn't true it could be worse. Could be a pretty bad day if it turns out to be what we're worried about though.
  4. Unforgiven

Unforgiven -.. --- - / -.. .- ... .... Moderator

We're here for you SVT, hope all is well.
    MSUgEEk likes this.
  5. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Lifting you up as I type. You're in Go(o)d hands :)
    MSUgEEk likes this.
  6. MSUgEEk

7. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

You know, I've met people all over the world, working in just about every industry out there but I have YET to meet a pickle packer or someone who works in a condom factory. Are they just too embarrassed to say what they do for a living or do I have to just keep searching? :D
    BabyBlues and jbdan like this.
  8. BabyBlues

I hope all is/goes ok SVT.

On another note - when deleting files from SD card make sure you are deleting things that aren't essential. :eek:
    Had to reflash rom because I may have possibly deleted the file containing 'settings' and whatever makes the gallery work as well. Oops! All is good now.
    *have made note to self - do not 'clean' electronic files when people at work piss you off*
    jbdan likes this.
  9. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

Bingo! Great Uncle and his family (9 siblings - there's a joke right there) ran a "rubber" factory and distribution company in the 40's and 50's, but changed over to plastic goods in the 60's. Which reminds me - remember the line from "The Graduate"?

Half your search is over, Chief. :D
    BabyBlues and The_Chief like this.
  10. MSUgEEk

I've always wondered where the engineers were that worked in "rubber" factories and "toy" factories. I don't know that I would tell people what I did if I worked in one of those two places, lol.
  11. BabyBlues

I would!! But most of them are overseas. :(

(Did I say too much)
  12. Unforgiven

If I worked in a rubber factory I would just tell folks the I help stem the production of new idiots everyday.;):rolleyes::D
  13. vandyman

vandyman Well-Known Member

I work for a company that makes birth control containers, if that counts..:eek:

On another note; it has been so nice outside, it is keeping me away from this forum.:(
  14. CheriRives

CheriRives Active Member

Stigy likes this.
  15. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Not much bad regarding chickfila from my point of view. The one in Statesboro does a lot of community outreach, and lots of promotions. My brother met his wife while working at one, and he was one of the main Chick-Fil-A Cows in Atlanta, did the big events like Braves Games and the Chick-Fil-A bowl. He also proposed in the one they met at. (she threatened to say no if he did it in the cow suit, so he had a friend dress up in it and pretend to be him, kneeling and proposing, but the box was empty, in the meantime he snuck up behind her.) also she grew up in Winshape homes, the chickfila sponsored foster homes.
    BabyBlues and jbdan like this.
  16. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Except don't the idiots usually forget, or do it wrong anyways? ;)
  17. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Hah that is awesome!
  18. IHateMyTreo

IHateMyTreo Well-Known Member

edit:

stem the production of "iIdiots"

can we trademark that? :rolleyes:
    NCTurner likes this.
  19. jbdan

jbdan Well-Known Member

Precisely where I've been :) Fishing and running off my belly!
    vandyman likes this.
  20. CheriRives

CheriRives Active Member

I second this quote! There's a lot that goes into maintaining a nice pedicure like that! And the shoes are fab! I have shoe envy, sadly I'll never be able to wear heels that high due to back problems. But more power to those that can!

BB is one that can! :thumbup: ;)
    jbdan and BabyBlues like this.
  21. Unforgiven

LOL, back in my Tech Support days we used to tell the smart folks that their issue was an "id ten t" error.

I-D-1-0-T:rolleyes::D
    NCTurner, IHateMyTreo and BabyBlues like this.
  22. BabyBlues

My doctor hates that I wear heels because I have scoliosis so badly. But I actually feel better in heels most of the time. :D
    I'm bringing this one home to Dad. He has a sticker that says "I'd be a better HR person if I liked people". He likes them, just not usually at work. And he does bits of tech support too so the id-10-t error is great!!
  23. CheriRives

CheriRives Active Member

I am very sorry things didn't go well for you, is the whole company taking a hit? Or is there a possibility that you could get some stuff together and try to renegotiate while showing off all the great things you've done for the company? Sometimes going back in shows determination willingness to stay with the company.

And here I was, backing you up... trying to pep you up to maybe go get what you're deserved pay-wise, and I see THIS!! Your Heels will stomp OSU!! If I knew where you lived sir, I would send a box of tissues! Buckeyes are fighters and we will prevail!

(at least I hope, because I'm not really into basketball you see.. I just needed to defend the best damn team in the land, or is it band?)

Oh well, good luck at work, but not at BBall today!

Cheri in Ohio!!
    jbdan likes this.
  24. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Does anyone here know the website where I can make suggestions for Android 4.0.5 / 4.0.6? :confused:

I would LOVE to see a timer feature on the camera. It seems to do just about everything but that! If I could set my Nexus' camera for a 10-second delay, it would make the camera so much more versatile...
  25. Unforgiven

Ha, my id-ten-t post earned me my 1,000th thank. Woo-hooo!!!
    IHateMyTreo likes this.