• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Galaxy Note 2 master Accessories List

hi there, i have the galaxy note 2, i dont know how i did it but i have somehow managed to add a drop down menu to my home screen and i dont know how to get rid of it, sorry its not the best explanation but i dont know how else to describe it, but if anyone understands what i am on about can you please help me?!

Hi, you should really make your own thread for this as this is a thread for accessories, but when you say drop down, are you talking about the tab on the left hand side of the screen? If so then this is the multi tasking menu, to enable /disable just press the back key and keep it pressed for a few seconds ;)

Pete

Upvote 0
Hi, you should really make your own thread for this as this is a thread for accessories, but when you say drop down, are you talking about the tab on the left hand side of the screen? If so then this is the multi tasking menu, to enable /disable just press the back key and keep it pressed for a few seconds ;)

Pete

sorry, this is my first time using it and didnt really understand how it worked but will bare it in mind for next time i use it :) that was the problem, thank you for your help :)

Upvote 0
^^ dang that is the best price I have ever seen for the 64 micro sd.. I need one. To bad I missed it. I'll keep a look out for more deals coming up.

Has anyone found a DUAL charging car adapter? I read some reviews that some dual car chargers wont charge their Android even the ones that claim to be 2A and 1A. I need to share with my GF who is an iphone user.. lol

Thanks!

Upvote 0
This would be really useful for some of those coming over from the iPhone and happened to be invested in lots of iPhone/iPod docks.

Amazon.com: CoolStream Bluetooth Receiver for iPhone Dock. 30-Pin Adapter Turns iPhone/iPod docking station into a Bluetooth dock.: Cell Phones & Accessories

If it's too expensive, just for bluetooth integration (which I believe, it is a 'bit overpriced), here's another wired alternative (which I'm likely to get for a couple of docks I had purchased for an iPod a few years back):
Amazon.com: Apple ipad Iphone docking 30pin female to Micro usb 5p male data charge adapter By AtomicMarket: Cell Phones & Accessories

Got the idea from Chris Chavez' holiday gift ideas:
Phandroid Holiday Gift Guide: Chris’ top picks, gifts for paranoid droids and true phans!

Upvote 0
^^ dang that is the best price I have ever seen for the 64 micro sd.. I need one. To bad I missed it. I'll keep a look out for more deals coming up.

Has anyone found a DUAL charging car adapter? I read some reviews that some dual car chargers wont charge their Android even the ones that claim to be 2A and 1A. I need to share with my GF who is an iphone user.. lol

Thanks!

TomTom sell a 12v car charger. Plugs into the lighter socket and gives two usb points, 1 is 1amp the othe 2amp as well as a pass through for a lighter plug.

S.

Upvote 0
The spare battery charging system is back in stock!

Galaxy Note™ II Spare Battery Charging System

50% off code = re155860o

I just placed the order below. So glad the spare battery/charger came back in stock. I didn't really need an extra S Pen, but I wanted free shipping it and I guess it wouldn't be bad to have a spare since I have seen a few people having issues with them.

EB-H1J9VMAGSTA BATTERY CHARGING KIT, GNOTEII $24.99 1 $24.99
EFC-1J9BBEGSTA PROTECTIVE COVER, BLACK GNOTEII $14.99 1 $14.99
ETC-TT1G6NGSTA TECTILE NFC TAGS, 5PK $7.49 1 $7.49
ETC-S1J9SEGSTA S PEN (5.5PI), BLACK GNOTEII $14.99 1 $14.99
order sub-total: $62.46
total shipping:$0.00
tax:$0.00
total(including applicable tax): $62.46

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I don't use a screen cover. Instead, I bought a Speck case so that even if you set the phone on its face, the screen is further back and never touches anything and doesn't add bulk to the phone.

Also, if you travel or watch movies on your phone a lot, a phone case w/Built-In Battery might be a good idea. This case from the AT&T store is real leather, props-up, and when you plug-in the charger it charges both the battery in the case and your phone at the same time:

Zilu-Tech Black Folio Charging Case - Samsung Galaxy Note II accessories from AT&T (couldn't post a link cuz I'm a noob)

Upvote 0
I don't use a screen cover. Instead, I bought a Speck case so that even if you set the phone on its face, the screen is further back and never touches anything and doesn't add bulk to the phone.

Also, if you travel or watch movies on your phone a lot, a phone case w/Built-In Battery might be a good idea. This case from the AT&T store is real leather, props-up, and when you plug-in the charger it charges both the battery in the case and your phone at the same time:

Zilu-Tech Black Folio Charging Case - Samsung Galaxy Note II accessories from AT&T (couldn't post a link cuz I'm a noob)

Lem'me assist you there.

Zilu-Tech Black Folio Charging Case - Samsung Galaxy Note II accessories from AT&T. It comes in black or pink.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, advice needed here, have seen 2 nice accessories one is the wireless allshare dongol and the smart dock station with hdmi out and 3 usb, am really confused which one to get, about my needs, well I will mainly use that for my presentation.
Also thinking to get the Samsung extra battery charger dock, shall I get the original? Saw one on ebay from Korea with the battery goiog for 48 $ is that a fair price?
Thak you in advance

Upvote 0
Hi everyone, advice needed here, have seen 2 nice accessories one is the wireless allshare dongol and the smart dock station with hdmi out and 3 usb, am really confused which one to get, about my needs, well I will mainly use that for my presentation.
Also thinking to get the Samsung extra battery charger dock, shall I get the original? Saw one on ebay from Korea with the battery goiog for 48 $ is that a fair price?
Thak you in advance

IMO, the smart dock is better and safer. I never trust wireless connection for important stuffs, such as presentation. I prefer to use USB cable/ hdmi to do that.
I think the battery charger is a steal, and you can get 50% discount if you buy it from the samsung online store. So, its around 25 bucks for charger + battery! There are some people sharing the discount code in this thread

Upvote 0
IMO, the smart dock is better and safer. I never trust wireless connection for important stuffs, such as presentation. I prefer to use USB cable/ hdmi to do that.
I think the battery charger is a steal, and you can get 50% discount if you buy it from the samsung online store. So, its around 25 bucks for charger + battery! There are some people sharing the discount code in this thread

I just wish Samsung would get back stock already. It's been a couple weeks and I still haven't been able to order.

Upvote 0

I dont think i can get deals from smasung online sotres as am not in US am in kenya, so dont think it will work out, the best price i got on Ebay is 47.80 $ free shipping to kenya from korea and its for both charger and the battery.

Now regarding the wireless dock, its samsung original part, i am still confused as i really dont like to get stucked with wires and the smart dock, as i want be even able to drow something on the device while doing my presentation?
Have anyone here tried the samsung all share wireless? does the connection goes off?
also with smart dock it means even if the device battery is fully charged and you place it on the dock it will start charging again, and as i know that will affect the battery life

Upvote 0
hi a quick question maybe you can answer. does the oem samsung spare battery and charger dock actually come with the spare battery and does it work with the verizon model? i noticed the verizon model uses a different battery. just wondering if anyone knows. thanks

This comes with a spare battery, but it is not a charging desktop dock, more-so a stand (which, because of the great battery, I never really have a need to have the phone continually charged...due to all the extra batteries I have now):
Galaxy Note

This doesn't come with a spare battery, but is a charging stand/dock:
Samsung Galaxy Universal Multimedia Desktop Dock

Only real question is if the extra battery that comes with the charging kit will work with Verizon, since Verizon/US Cellular have a separate battery listed on Samsung's website:
Galaxy Note

Before purchasing the extra battery kit (w/ stand), I would contact Samsung first, just to verify that the batteries will work properly with the Verizon version.

Reactions: tadad1
Upvote 0
hi a quick question maybe you can answer. does the oem samsung spare battery and charger dock actually come with the spare battery and does it work with the verizon model? i noticed the verizon model uses a different battery. just wondering if anyone knows. thanks

I actually purchased both; the battery specifically for Verizon as well as the battery and charger dock and both came with the exact same battery. My only question now is whether that is accurate or did they shipped me the wrong battery? I won't know for sure until tomorrow when my Verizon branded phone arrives. If they did ship me the wrong one it is going back!

Reactions: drexappeal
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones