• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help galaxy note 8 oclock alarm

Hi everyone can anybody tell me how to shut off a 8 oclock alarm that is not turned on? I went to the tellus dealer and they don't have any idea why it goes of at 8 oclock nothing on the alarm is turned on Galaxy Note mod I717.Thanks
welcome to the forums!!!!!!!

i moved you to the note forum where folks who have your device can answer you better.

you might want to try a factory reset maybe.

Upvote 0
Hi everyone can anybody tell me how to shut off a 8 oclock alarm that is not turned on? I went to the tellus dealer and they don't have any idea why it goes of at 8 oclock nothing on the alarm is turned on Galaxy Note mod I717.Thanks

Before you do a factory reset I suggest you clear the cache of the Clock (presuming that is the cause of the alarm), Force Stop it and then Disable it. Then, if you actually use the app, re-enable it.

Upvote 0
Thanks I will try that How do I do a Factory reset? There is no manual with the phone I just received it at christmas. Thanks again Glen

You can do it from Menu key / Settings / Backup and Reset but the best way is as posted by NeoGrandizer on the SGN2 forum (Reply #6) at

http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-note-2/687561-4-1-2-updated-battery-drain.html

That reply is in the context of problems with upgrading the phone to new firmware but the Factory Reset part applies equally well to your situation (after you have exhausted any other possible solution).

Incidentally, you can obtain manuals from the Support section of the Samsung site.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Thanks I am going to try that and see what happens I marked down my contacts so I wount loose them. Are contacts and pics saved to the sim card automaticly or do I have to save them there? According to the other tread he says to take the sim card out before doing a factory reset. Thanks

Upvote 0
Thanks I am going to try that and see what happens I marked down my contacts so I wount loose them. Are contacts and pics saved to the sim card automaticly or do I have to save them there? According to the other tread he says to take the sim card out before doing a factory reset. Thanks

you should also have the contacts saved and sync'd with google that way when you get another phone all of your contacts will be sync'd to the new phone when you sign in. but i think contacts should be stored on the sim card as well. i have never used a gsm phone so i'm nt 100% positive.

Upvote 0
Thanks I will try that How do I do a Factory reset? There is no manual with the phone I just recived it at christmas. Thanks again Glen

You ask about factory reset but have you already tried clearing the cache? If so did it work?

A factory reset can take up a lot of time setting up your accounts, settings, home screens etc

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

To avoid any possibility of misunderstanding I think NeoGrandizer actually said to remove the microSD card i.e. that is the additional memory card one can plug in to store music, books, films etc.

Just in case you are not sure which card is the SIM card and which is the microSD card you will find you have to remove the battery before you can release SIM card.

I'm not too sure but backing up contacts to a SIM card was 1G technology and if I recall correctly it will only save the phone numbers ie no addresses, emails etc. So as advised by ocnbrze I would in any case, save / sync to Google.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones