• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Galaxy S + corrupt installation?

draken21

Lurker
Nov 9, 2011
Hi,

Before I start I have googled all the "syptoms" my phone has with no luck so you are my last solution.
The issue is that I upgraded my Galaxy S (T-Mobile UK) earlier this year to 2.2. During the installation sth went wrong so I had to recover it. To cut a long story short the 2.2 version was successfully installed (or that's what I thought). Since then I was noticing some lag, strange crashes (actually lots of them), so I decided to check some other Galaxy S. The difference was massive, so clearly I had a prob with Froyo.

Also since the upgrade I cannot connect the phone using any usb cable (tried at least 3 different) to any PC (tried more than 5) as they won't recognise the phone. Tried different drivers, versions of KIES... no luck. The usual device cannot be recognised error.

Tried to upgrade it OTA but I do not have the option. Tried to factory reset it, no change. Tried the volume keys+home+on combination but it seems to be locked since the upgrade.

My only solution seems to be to send it to a service centre (not ideal as I heard not the best things about Samsung UK and their service), so if you have any good, or in fact, any idea please shoot.

Everything on the phone is official so no jigs, custom firmwares etc...but still KIES managed to mess things up.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones