• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help GALAXY S5 IS STUCK IN UNREPAIRABLE BOOT LOOP

Attachments

• 20150521_184932.jpg
    20150521_184932.jpg
    298.5 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Any news?
While thinking that rooting will fix this issue, I rooted my phone again using philz touch also tripping knox again but nothing, still the same. I don't think knox is the main problem because I have seen people use their phone while their knox was tripped.

I was so furious I looked through Most of the xda website pages related to S5. Then I found Smart Debloater which was supposed to "clean shitty knox". I tried this also but no luck.
With a little more research I found something called "eFuse" but i'm not entirely sure what it is. Something about a software damaging a hardware.
Also I have another theory which the is the "Qualcomm secureboot: enable (csb)" I'm trying to see if there is any way to disable or remove this thing from download mode.

If you found any solution please don't hesitate to post it.
Thanks

Upvote 0
Any news?

MY PHONE IS WORKING.:):):):)

First I reflashed my phone USING KIES 3 WHILE IN DOWLOAD MODE using my MODEL NUMBER AND S/N SERIAL NUMBER. Afterwards I left it for a day with the battery and micro sd card inside. Then I went to download mode again but this time instead of pressing volume up I pressed volume down which restarts the phone. When I did this I managed to get into Set up menu for about 10-15 seconds. No luck boot loop happened again. However after several tries I managed to get through the setup menu to the main page. After that It didn't go into the boot loop. Its WORKING SO FAR. I'm going leave it like this without putting the sim card back in for a little while. Hope it doesn't happen again.

Thanks for your all support.:):):)

Upvote 0
For "setup menu"do you mean first boot setup wizard?
So what do you think worked now? Kies 3 and one day at rest?
Which rom did Kies put?

Yes. By "setup menu" I mean first boot setup wizard which what u have to do each time u reset or reflash firmware.
It doesn't have to be one day, it can be 1 hour min with the battery out.
Kies 3 used the official stock firmware which for my case is BTU UK.
Make sure restart is done by clicking volume down button instead of up in download/odin mode.

Reactions: oile
Upvote 0
Need Help, I've been flashing tons of firmwares after i got a boot loop but still i can't finish the update. i cleared the cache and wipe data partition but i still get the same result. it only goes till installing applications and will reboot again. did i miss something? please help
DO THIS:
Reflash it using KIES 3
Clear Cache REPEATEDLY or continuously
take the battery out
LEAVE IT FOR A WEEK WITH THE BETTERY OUT.
then go to download/odin mode but press volume down. Basically Restart your phone from download/odin mode

IF this didn't help fully charge it. leave it with the battery in until the all battery is consumed from 100% to 0%.
Hope that helps.
IF it didn't we will work something out.

Upvote 0
DO THIS:
Reflash it using KIES 3
Clear Cache REPEATEDLY or continuously
take the battery out
LEAVE IT FOR A WEEK WITH THE BETTERY OUT.
then go to download/odin mode but press volume down. Basically Restart your phone from download/odin mode

IF this didn't help fully charge it. leave it with the battery in until the all battery is consumed from 100% to 0%.
Hope that helps.
IF it didn't we will work something out.

What do you mean with "clear cache repeatedly or continuously"?

Reactions: Clonier
Upvote 0
I will finally have the dead phone in my hands tomorrow, so that I can finally do all these experiments.
I was referring to the "keep pressing clean cache" once in recovery:
I remember it didn't enter recovery, only sometimes. Everytime I'm in recovery I have to try to press clear cache right?
Also, I remember it didn't charge neither, because at the charging animation it used to crash and bootloop. Did yours charge normally with the entire charging animation?
Because charging is part of kernel, and if kernel doesn't finish boot neither can correctly show charging animation.
One more thing: did kies put latest lollipop or instead kitkat?

Upvote 0
I will finally have the dead phone in my hands tomorrow, so that I can finally do all these experiments.
I was referring to the "keep pressing clean cache" once in recovery:
I remember it didn't enter recovery, only sometimes. Everytime I'm in recovery I have to try to press clear cache right?
Also, I remember it didn't charge neither, because at the charging animation it used to crash and bootloop. Did yours charge normally with the entire charging animation?
Because charging is part of kernel, and if kernel doesn't finish boot neither can correctly show charging animation.
One more thing: did kies put latest lollipop or instead kitkat?

Firstly Yes.
Secondly Sometimes yes the charging used to crash but not always.
Thirdly Kies puts the latest fimware which is lollipop.

Upvote 0
I'm trying everything as you said but no luck, and I don't see a clear pattern to repeat :(
After flashing with kies (it takes forever because it downloads the entire rom every time: No way to prevent that?) the phone reboots as it must be so when exactly do I have to clear cache from recovery? And when do I have to put the battery out? I don't understand the moment.
Thank you

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones