• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gameboid BIOS Issue - Please Help

Hello everyone. I own a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I recently downloaded the Gameboid app. During the setup, everything went smoothly, and I was soon playing Fire Emblem as I had hoped to be doing. Unfortunately, at some point a screen popped up asking me to select my BIOS file (which I had previously done correctly) and I pressed the incorrect button (a ROM). Now, whenever I try to open the app, it takes me to the "Select ROM" screen and when I do select a ROM, it gives me the "Load BIOS failed." error. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get out of the ROM selection mode so I can change the BIOS back. I'm stuck and I don't know what or where to press. Can anyone please help?

Hello everyone. I own a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I recently downloaded the Gameboid app. During the setup, everything went smoothly, and I was soon playing Fire Emblem as I had hoped to be doing. Unfortunately, at some point a screen popped up asking me to select my BIOS file (which I had previously done correctly) and I pressed the incorrect button (a ROM). Now, whenever I try to open the app, it takes me to the "Select ROM" screen and when I do select a ROM, it gives me the "Load BIOS failed." error. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get out of the ROM selection mode so I can change the BIOS back. I'm stuck and I don't know what or where to press. Can anyone please help?
welcome to AF!!!!!!!!!!!!
try going into settings and under management select the gameboid app and delete data. you will have to start over, but at least you are not stuck any more.

other then that i'm not sure what else you can do.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones