• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Generic 2.73.405.5 ROM ?

Sorry, forgot to say Market Enabler is not in the Market. Guess you found it.

RE: SU, make sure USB debugging is turned on in Settings > Applications > Development. It's necessary for SU perms to works.

Dude, you rock!!

Thanks a lot. All of that worked!!

Final question. So I've set "23430" in ME and I have successfully downloaded Sky News App.

Will 23430 be set permanently or could I create a new "list" in ME and then select whenever I want something Uk specific?

Upvote 0
Can someone please help me out here, just reading through this thread and see right at the begining your build number is:- 2.73.405.66

Mine is 1.76.405.6 WTF?!?!? Am i being majorly shortchanged here on the performance and abilities of my phone????

Some one please help!!!

you need to upgrade your ROM for Sure, depends what you want to do, If you want to Root your phone you should not put the latest ROM on, if your happy running a stock 1.5 Rom, then upgrade HERE

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones