• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Generic charger freezing HTC screen

Touch screen would not move or hardly move. At times couldnt pull screen down to put in password or while putting in pattern password the line would jump all over the play. Couldnt move sideway to get bookmarks etc. Phone would get really hot. Went Sprint 6 times in one week...waited over hour at times..They ran diagnosis and reset and wouid not replace phone. Found out finally one night the problem was the generic charger I bought at Walmart. Even though it list that it was made for my HTC EVO it was a horrible product. One I went back to the Sprint charger it came with all problems disappeared instantly. Whew... was so close to having to buy new phone..To God be the Glory .

Yeah I've seen generic chargers do this do a handful of different android phones. I lost my phone charger a long time ago when I had my backflip and was stuck using a generic charger for most of the time I had the phone.. Which mean that while it charged I couldn't use my phone >.<

I dunno what causes it. A voltage issue perhaps? I have seen/used generic chargers before without issues.. but problems do seem to happen a lot

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones