• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Get contacts from phone with dead screen..

inigomontoya

Oct 18, 2010
My Droid got wet the other week.. tried to dry it out but no bueno on the screen. It's been a few weeks since I backed up contacts (dont use google jazz), so id like to be able to extract those. The phone boots fine, but only the backlight shows up on screen, no image. I have it rooted and project elite 5 on there. Also clockwork recovery. So im wondering if someone could give me through the exact key presses of backing up the system with cwork recovery to sd card and then extracting contacts from there.. Any help would be great!

You should have had to create a google account when you first setup your phone. after you flash your roms how have you gotten your contacts back on there? If you have a google login to put in there after you flash a rom, that is your gmail login. go to www.gmail.com and login and all your contact should be there. Are you getting another droid for a replacement?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones