• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Geting good apps on my new tablet ?

'AppCenter' is an alternative app 'market' that will enable you to download apps that may not be on the regular Market. The company is called AndroidPIT . I have downloaded a couple of free apps from AppCenter (Zedge [free selection of ringtones and wallpapers] and Drivesafe.ly [audio text messages and email messages read] (the description for this application is now updated on AppCenter description as being available in the regular Android Market)).
Try it out; you can always uninstall.
Enjoy your new phone.

Upvote 0
I have both.
The official 'Android Market' is part of the operating system and is on most Android devices. 'AppCenter' is a third-party alternative. A nice feature is that if the app is available in the 'Market', the description in AppCenter will direct you to the link. The 'Market' does not do this for apps that are not in the 'Market' or have been removed; it will simply not list them.
Here is another app that will help you keep track of your apps, 'AppBrain'. I t is in the 'Market'. Once you have downloaded the app and opened up a free account on their website, you can control the add, update, delete apps functions on the app on your device and independently on their website also.
Have fun.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones