• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
oops... i mean sms backup.. i used it to back them up, but how do i get them back in

Sorry, didn't catch the "SMS backup" part. I don't use that application, but, the backup should be stored on your memory card; perhaps you gave the backup file a name. There should be a "Restore" option. Then point to the file on your card.

The backup is stored in the SMSBackupRestore folder of the SD Card (/sdcard/SMSBackupRestore).

Upvote 0
nope... cant find a restore option anywhere... i have them ALL in my gmail acct. anyone know how to get them off and on the phone...thanx

In your SMSbackup settings,
do your have your gmail address and password entered?

I recently flashed a new rom, and shortly after my text messages loaded automatically... i didn't have to do anything.

Upvote 0
yup... and now on another not, when I go to call someone I have two numbers for everyone... lol

That happened to me also.
I believe it's a glitch between google contacts and your backup app.
Whenever doing a restore from your backup app, don't restore contacts... and they will be restored after your phone syncs to Google.

I think the only fix if going through them one by one. Unless someone knows of an easier fix.

I did in my gmal-contact, on my computer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones