• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gfirewall

florisz

Jul 5, 2011
On my phone (Ulefone U9592) is an application (I can uninstall it) by the name 'Gfirewall' it is running all the time.
It says version: 1.1.5
The process that is running is: 'com.zgs.gg.pack'

Does anybody know what this app is, or to what real application it belongs to?
I can't find either the name or process by google search other than a 'removed' app on the 'bestandroid' website.

I don't just want to remove it, because I don't know what it is for.

thanks in advance

Florisz

I had the same issue with gfirewall and also with another app called gsearch.

Gfirewall was responsible for displaying full page ads on my STAR N9599T every morning when I booted my phone.

Whenever I uninstalled these two apps, a couple of days later they had always reinstalled themselves. It was starting to really p*ss me off!

I looked into it a little and downloaded an app that allowed me to quarantine another app and prevent it from starting and updating itself.

I quarantined gfirewall and gsearch but something else was reinstalling them.

I noticed an app called "Play Store" which was made to look like Google but its package is called com.uucun4470.android.cms. I quarantined this and guess what... no more full page ads and gsearch and gfirewall have not reinstalled themselves.

I quarantined a couple of other apps which I thought were dodgy Chinese bloatware, but I haven't mentioned them here as I am not too sure if they're malicious or not.

Hope this helps someone else.

Upvote 0
I have the same problem, that Gfirewall always keep reinstalling everytime i uninstall it. And it display some advertisements after i unlock the screen.
Also i don't know if it's related but as i have a very small plan for datas i always unactivate the datas on my phone but now it always keep reactivating itself.
I'm thinking about remooving Android and install Ubuntu for phone or Firefox OS
That piece of shit Android has a serious lack of security.

Upvote 0
My phone is rooted, i set every apk need confirm install, and wait the apk download and confirm install, i used root explorer try to search which directory is. In my phone, i found "/data/user/0/com. cube. android" have the gfirewall apk, i delete that directory, also check whose apk create this directory. The apk is Cube_CJIA01.apk in /system/app, i delete this apk. It fixed.
(I think you find the name may not same Cube_CJIA01.apk)

Upvote 0
Hi Guys!

I have the same problem on Concorde Smartphone 5700. I tried to delete the bastard apps: GSearch, GFirewall and the fake Play. No point.
So I changed my tactics: do not delete them but block them! WITHOUT ROOTING!
Download, install and start the NOROOT FIREWALL: by Grey Shirts - 2013. november 13!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.greyshirts.firewall
Remove the use of Internet rights from these apps . And that's it! They never bother you again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones