• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ghost Radar App for Droids?

THat would be cool.
Has anyone made an app that looks like something off of a James Bond movie for navigating around a building ?
I suppose you could use the E-compass and upload drawings of a set size of whatever layout you wanted.
Then as you walk the accelerometer and compass would appear to navigate you through the building.
Geeky but would be a cool thing to show off.
May even be able to tie it to the gps for real functionality.

Upvote 0
Grabbed this from the Market app this afternoon, have been messing with it for the past couple hours (on and off, I'm at work) and it's pretty entertaining. Features are limited compared to the original iPhone version, but the designer promises an update that will add more adjustable refinements. Even if it's not the "real deal", for .99 it's good fun for freaking your friends and family members out!

Also, per the GR website: "The voice synthesizer that the Android version is using is a piece of third party software. To get Ghost Radar to speak the words you will need to download the Eyes-Free Project's Text-To-Speech Extensions from the Android Market. It is free. This requirement will be removed when the HTC Eris supports Android 2.0." I took his advice and added the TTS app and it totally elevates the creepy fun factor.

:D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones