• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Gizmodo Review of Droid Incredible -- Subpar

Hmmmm, seems Gizmodo posted a review of the "lost" iPhone 4 today. On the same day the Incredible starts pre-order and the same day everyone starts releasing the Incredible reviews. Something very fishy here.

Coincidence???? I think NOT!!! :cool:

IMHO, Apple leaked this phone and said, okay report on it the same day the Incredible starts getting press reviews so we can rain on HTC's parade and steal their thunder.

+1

Thats exactly what I thought too :eek:

Upvote 0
2 snippets from the engadget review:

"To say that this UI is competitive with something like iPhone OS 3.1 (or 4 for that matter), or Palm's webOS is an understatement; in many ways it's superior to what Apple and Palm are offering".

"Apple, watch your back... HTC has done a damn good job of sneaking up on your tech, and maybe improving on it. We can't stress this enough: HTC has made a really good OS (Android) into a truly amazing and competitive OS"

Sounds pretty impressive to me.

Droid Incredible review -- Engadget

Upvote 0
Seems Engadget and Gizmodo's review of the Incredible is subpar. May wait to order after other reviews come out.

Droid Incredible review -- Engadget

HTC Droid Incredible Review: More Like Impressive - Htc droid incredible review - Gizmodo

Um... let's see the final summation of Gizmodo's vicious assault...

"Feels a little cheap, and too plasticky

The places where Android and HTC's custom Sense interface overlap can feel a bit weird and confusing"

....THAT'S IT? That's subpar? Jesus christ!

Similarly, Engadget's main knocks were that:

it's hard to see outside (read mixed reports on this but not exactly a surprise, I'll see for myself soon enough)

the camera doesn't record in HD (duh)

and the battery life isn't spectacular (again, I'll see, but at least this part can be upgraded).

I'd say the reviews are subpar, in that they're pretty subjective and Gizmodo's is something like 200 words.

Best review I've yet read:

Review: HTC Droid Incredible : Is It Your Type? (Phone Scoop)

Upvote 0
Gizmodo's review was weak because they were too busy lavishing attention on the iPhone 4g Apple gave them instead of reviewing a phone thats actually released.
Gizmodo said:
To proceed directly to the spoilers, this is the best Android phone you can buy on Verizon, which, at the very least, makes it the best smartphone you can buy on Verizon. It's also possibly the best Android phone you can buy in the US for now
You've been in the androidforums echo chamber for too long. It's a pretty glowing review.

In all seriousness, Gizmodo's Apple bias is obvious to anyone who frequents them.

They nuked the HTC HD2 because it was Windows Mobile underlying, despite them admitting that HTC Sense made it a fully usable and even enjoyable experience.
They nuked the HD2 because its OS is effectively a dead platform come November, which is awfully soon for something you could be entering a two year contract on right now.

Anyway long story short anyone who gets genuinely worked up about a review pointing out some shortcomings is an idiot. It's a phone, folks. I'm gonna buy one because it looks pretty good with some drawbacks, but come on, calm down.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones