• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help gmail contact list

paranoidducky

May 16, 2010
So i want my gmail synced on my phone...but my list of contacts is huge due to having a gmail account for a long time.
the problem i have with this is when i try to sms or use an app that look through contacts a tin of random contacts that i have mailed maybe once int he past pop up as suggestions. is there a way to remedy this without wiping and not syncing my gmail contacts?

Yes and no cdk

On your computer, go to gmail. Under contacts, you will have "My Contacts" and "All Contacts" People under "my contacts" will sync with your phone and show up in the "People" app. "All Contacts" will show up whenever you are composing an e-mail, sms, etc. So yes, you will have to go in and delete those contacts if you don't want to sort through them. Usually though, once you have type the first 3-4 characters, the list should be small enough to select the correct contact.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones