• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Go Launcher EX guide

I'm having trouble with the app icon size. I initially set the icon size really small, but now I want them back to the default size and it's just not letting me do that. And yes, I go to preferences>visual settings>icons>icon size and then press default size, but nothing happens. It just goes straight back to the custom size. Anyone know how to fix this??

Edit: Okay FINALLY I figured out the problem. Taken from the xda-developers forum:

Here's the caveat: it seems that if you make a settings change above, and hit the 'Back' button at the top, the change won't be applied. Ditto if you hit the 'n' button. Use the arrow back button on the status bar at bottom, and then the change should stick.

Just in case anyone else was having this problem.

Upvote 0
Can somebody tell me if it is possible and how it is done to change icon for an app in the app draw for apps that are not covered with a Icon pack?
I have a Icon pack installed but half of apps don't have their themed icons and I would like to assign them other icons that were not applyed automatically....

Is it possible????

I have exactly the same question. I run a Samsung Galaxy S1 running 2.3.7 custom MIUI ROM and there's nowhere I can find a way of connecting the theme icons to the apps. Something somewhere is working because three or four icons (in the app drawer) have auto-changed, but other icons which are clearly specifically made for apps I have (camera, voice search, file manager), have not. I love the customisability (is that even a word?) of my SGS1 and love GL for the same reason. Having become a bit of a rebuildophile this is something I would really like to find an answer to.

I definitely have the latest GL installed. I did try uninstalling then reinstalling the new theme....then I tried installing a different theme and reinstalling the new one...then I tried changing launchers a couple of times....usual switch on/off/reboot a few times...but it doesn't seem to want to pick them up. This happens on several other GL themes too.

Is there some setting that I've missed? Can we not change an icon to theme within app drawer? - or better still, all icons to fit theme, from the app drawer?

Particular thanks to Tokenpoke for the detailed settings post. I think I've been through all of those settings.

Thanks to anyone who can help on this.

Upvote 0
Pretty new to the android scene and was thinking of downloading this to have a look until I checked the permissions it asks.

Is there any reason this app would need permission to directly call phone numbers without your intervention?

Not saying its a dodgy app or anything as its had 10million+ downloads just don't get why it would ask for permission to be able to do this. Having read up (maybe old or untrue) a little on the net with regards to apps on android there seems to be some apps with not so good out comes on the marketplace and just want to edge on the side of caution before I start downloading apps that I know for sure are 100% legit.

Upvote 0
Pretty new to the android scene and was thinking of downloading this to have a look until I checked the permissions it asks.

Is there any reason this app would need permission to directly call phone numbers without your intervention?

Not saying its a dodgy app or anything as its had 10million+ downloads just don't get why it would ask for permission to be able to do this. Having read up (maybe old or untrue) a little on the net with regards to apps on android there seems to be some apps with not so good out comes on the marketplace and just want to edge on the side of caution before I start downloading apps that I know for sure are 100% legit.

It needs access to the call logs for the Launcher Notification feature (puts a red bubble with a number over the phone app shortcut if you have missed calls). It uses the same permission since the app needs to access the phone app and its directories.

Upvote 0
The image below is one of the screenshots on the market for the Go Launcher EX. Can anyone tell me how I can add this clock/weather widget? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

Abw5gYbwyUSH7cJVWvh1u-ox-AeVYXXQ4Z7UR9Hy-tbWXmkBS6HrBI12HaLMVwaPAMao

Upvote 0
Re: the widgets... face_palm... doh, thanks lol. that was simple.

With the stock browser (on Transformer Prime), if I open the apps drawer, there is a tab up top to change from apps to widgets, then all the widgets are shown the same as the apps drawer. That's not there with Go Launcher.

But yeah... long-pres on home screen... *smacks his own face*

Follow-up question, how would someone uninstall a widget??

Re: folder size., thanks for the suggestion re: Folder Organizer, will look at it.

Upvote 0
Hi

I hope someone can help me with the problem I've got with Go Launcher Ex / Go Locker.

When I go into the Preferences of Go Launcher Ex and open Visual Settings, I noticed that just under where it says Visual Settings, it now says "Partial Interface". The sections under Visual Settings are now just Background, Icon, Font and Indicator, I'm sure the sections were different before, I'm sure there was a section about Go Locker but that's gone, I don't know what's happened to the Visual Settings now saying "Partial Interface" when I open it.

Has anyone else had this problem, if so, do you know what's caused it and whether it can be sorted out?

I have uninstalled both Go Launcher Ex and Go Locker and then reinstalled them, but the problem is still there.

Please help. Thank you.

Best wishes

Catherine x

Upvote 0
Can anyone tell me how to disable the "overshoot" when sliding home screens?
By overshoot I mean I slide the screen across to move to my next home screen and it "bounces" once it gets to the next screen.
When I used ADW Launcher I noticed it had a specific option to disable this but cannot find one in GO Launcher.

Using the latest version from the Market on Galaxy Ace.

Upvote 0
Anyone using Go SMS Pro?

Got a couple of particular issues and wonder if its same for other users.

1. in message view can't get contact photos to show, yep the option is selected just get default grey head and shoulders image that should be shown when ther is no contact image.

2. in the contacts page getting 2 entries for each contact, Seems to be one from SIM and one from phone. Can't find a way of selecting just to show from one source.

OK, just realised answer to No1. There are 2 entires for each contact, one on SIM and one on phone. Of course one on SIM can't have pic attached and that's the one SMS Pro is using.

Upvote 0
I just downloaded and installed Go Launcher EX on my Pandigital Supernova tablet and I love it... all except that when I shut down and then turn my tablet back on, the icons I had on my main screen are gone. I have 8 icons plus the google widget and usually 4 icons and sometimes the google widget are gone. How can I stop that from happening? It is very frustrating!

Upvote 0
I figured out my "overshoot" problem so hopefully someone can help me out with another small issue:

I am pretty certain that by default, the app drawer had a plain black background.
Well I was messing around with settings and tried different things but I can't get the black background back.
I can either have transparent, which just dims the wallpaper or the "default" GO background which is blue, yet I'm sure it was black.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones