• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Goodbye, Hero. Hello, EVO.

jun3bud

Lurker
Jul 11, 2010
Hello everyone. I am new to the forums and upon registering was asked to introduce myself so here goes...

My Sprint Hero was the first non-iPhone I had owned in 3+ years. It was a nice phone but over time it got very laggy when trying to make phone calls. When I say laggy, I mean a good 5-15 second wait between the time I select the option to call someone and the time that the phone finally started that call. Prior to the call issues, my only issue with the Hero was the small screen. After flashing my phone a few times to no avail, I finally gave up and decided to upgrade to the EVO to address both issues.

I am not disappointed so far. The EVO is just as snappy as the Hero when it comes to switching between screens, all of my apps run as expected, and I can now make calls quickly and conveniently. Imagine that, a phone that calls people!!

Now I am off to the forums to learn how to...
-Disable apps from loading at startup. Thanks Sprint, but I don't need a Nascar app running by default, etc.
-Use the camera effectively and how to get that friggin' flash to work with video.
-Find a way to make this phone a WiFi hot-spot for my iPad without paying $30 a month.
-See what cool things you guys are doing with your Android phones that I never thought of doing.

~jun3bud~

Welcome to Android Forums! I'll try my best to answer:

-I don't believe you can disable the Sprint apps at startup. You would have to run a task killer to kill it completely. I just let my phone be as it is. You could root and remove the apps completely.
-Go to the market and download LED Light ;)
-You would have to root to use it as a Wifi hotspot...however you can tether for free using PdaNet or EasyTether

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones