Google calendar event status

Last Updated:

1. Luffer

Luffer Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to use the "Vibrate During Meetings" app to automatically silence my phone at certain times. It works fine but I have one problem with it and it's not a fault of the app!

I want it set up so the phone will only go into silent mode when I'm "Busy". The app gives this facility which is great BUT the Calendar app gives me no way to set the status of my events. This means EVERY event I create on the phone sets me as "Busy", this is useless. Is there any way to set the status of my calendar events as "Free/Available" from the phone? Without this ability the "Vibrate During Meetings" is pointless because essentially ALL my events are treated as meetings!

Advertisement
  2. wvdavid

wvdavid New Member

Did you ever get an answer to this? I have the same issue using Setting Profiles.

3. Luffer

Nope, yet another serious failing to notch up against Android! They keep mounting up, it's seriously lacking in so many ways :(

4. rpkemp

rpkemp New Member

Old thread I know, but it's all I've found on this topic. As far as I can tell, the only way to get around the inability to change the status of an appointment is to manage appointments through Google Calendar in your web browser. This gives you the option to select "available" or "busy".

Elsewhere I have heard people refer to a feature in the menu of the calendar (or of the event itself, perhaps) to "show extra options", which might have included this functionality, but doesn't seem to be present on my HTC Wildfire.

5. rpkemp

rpkemp New Member

I should add that this feature (for me, anyway) is only available on a computer, not on the phone's built in web browser.

6. Luffer

Indeed, which is precisely why the Android calendar is crap and sadly why "Vibrate during meetings" is severely hampered by this frankly inexcusable omission.