• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google calendar event status

I'm trying to use the "Vibrate During Meetings" app to automatically silence my phone at certain times. It works fine but I have one problem with it and it's not a fault of the app!

I want it set up so the phone will only go into silent mode when I'm "Busy". The app gives this facility which is great BUT the Calendar app gives me no way to set the status of my events. This means EVERY event I create on the phone sets me as "Busy", this is useless. Is there any way to set the status of my calendar events as "Free/Available" from the phone? Without this ability the "Vibrate During Meetings" is pointless because essentially ALL my events are treated as meetings!

Old thread I know, but it's all I've found on this topic. As far as I can tell, the only way to get around the inability to change the status of an appointment is to manage appointments through Google Calendar in your web browser. This gives you the option to select "available" or "busy".

Elsewhere I have heard people refer to a feature in the menu of the calendar (or of the event itself, perhaps) to "show extra options", which might have included this functionality, but doesn't seem to be present on my HTC Wildfire.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones