• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google contacts with People on Inc

golfinglenn

Apr 30, 2010
I have read a couple of threads on this but didn't really answer my question.

When I got the phone the store ran back-up assistant and downloaded all my contacts. Fine, they were there and I was happy.

Along comes Google Voice and it synced all the contacts from my phone in there (I think). Anyway, I edited a bunch of my contacts, cleaned out several and basically cleaned house in google voice contacts. Figured that is how I wanted everything so I went to the phone and deleted all my contacts. OOOPPPPSSS. it deleted all my contacts in google voice. Luckily all my contacts were still in Verizons Back-up assistant, so I got them back on the phone.

Put them back into google voice and cleaned house again. NOW, how can I sync with google again and get contacts from GV onto phone in the People section? I am afraid if I sync again I will lose the work I have done in GV.

Can somebody walk me through this?

Thanks,

Glenn

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones