• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google log in prompt (Samsung Galaxy S II)

starry5

Nov 5, 2011
Okay,
so I have this friend with a Samsung Galaxy S II and last night they asked me to have a look at their phone to see if I could fix the issue that they were getting...

So what's happening is that when the phone is unlocked the Google log in screen appears... My friend does not have a Google account nor do they wish to create one just to fix the issue... It was quite late at night and I hadn't seen this happen before, so what I did was go into the account and sync settings and unchecked the boxes for background data and auto-sync...

I did say to my friend that this may not work and I would get back to them on the issue... So i have been looking around and so far I have not been able to find anything about it... I will keep looking, but any help would be awesome :D

Thanks in advanced :)

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones