• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

google map using android application

priyanaral

Lurker
Nov 27, 2010
HI,
I am new to Google Maps Api and have been recently struggling to get it to work in my Android App., this is what I am trying to do, Have a native search in my app that the user can do (eg: restraurats, ATM, Hotels) I would like google maps to return me the requested search results as per my geolocation, now what I am currently struggling to do is establish any kid of connection which can enable me to send the queries to google maps and get the results. In past I did try to call the google map api from within my app and was able to do it, also I did try to fetch my geolocation and display it on map ...can someone please guide me with what I should do to acchive my goal. Thank you all!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones