• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google Maps 4.6

veryjiggy

Apr 27, 2010
I updated Google Maps to 4.6 yesterday. And I am unable to see one of the main features of the new version i.e. to filter results by open times and neighbourhood etc. When I click on the places icon in my maps, it just shows me the two search filters that I had before - 'Distance' and 'Rating'.
Am I the only one who is having this problem? :(
I am on T-Mobile in UK.

I updated Google Maps to 4.6 yesterday. And I am unable to see one of the main features of the new version i.e. to filter results by open times and neighbourhood etc. When I click on the places icon in my maps, it just shows me the two search filters that I had before - 'Distance' and 'Rating'.
Am I the only one who is having this problem? :(
I am on T-Mobile in UK.

I have the same two filters as before also (distance & rating). Not really overly worried but would be nice to get what they advertise. On an unbranded Desire on 3UK.

Upvote 0
I have the same two filters as before also (distance & rating). Not really overly worried but would be nice to get what they advertise. On an unbranded Desire on 3UK.

Thanks so much!

@bfksc - Well, nowhere does it say that some people would get certain features of this update and some people won't. If that is indeed the case, google should mention it clearly rather than just saying that so-and-so are the new features in the update. It is this lack of info/communication/clarity in the Android ecosystem that sometimes just gets on my nerves. But then it is Google. And I love the company too much to move over to any other platform.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones