Google Maps 4.6

Last Updated:

1. veryjiggy

veryjiggy Active Member This Topic's Starter

I updated Google Maps to 4.6 yesterday. And I am unable to see one of the main features of the new version i.e. to filter results by open times and neighbourhood etc. When I click on the places icon in my maps, it just shows me the two search filters that I had before - 'Distance' and 'Rating'.
    Am I the only one who is having this problem? :(
    I am on T-Mobile in UK.

Advertisement
  2. DesireMe

DesireMe Well-Known Member

Amazing you could get anything from the market yesterday. I've just updated today and i'll see if there's any problems.

3. jay_kay

jay_kay Well-Known Member

YEah was having problems yesterday in the market. Gonna wait till I get home and on my WiFi as got about 20mb of updates to get..

Fingers crossed its working as been a bit dodgy the last few days. Heard it could be because of the paypal integration thats coming soon.

4. alackman

alackman Well-Known Member

i think when you search for something, when you go to detials...ive got a green open and a time it closes, im guessing if it were closed it would be maybe a red closed etc???

5. veryjiggy

I don't get any green dot/open or close times. You should ideally get an interface like this one.
    Google Maps For Android 2.1 updated to version 4.6

6. LRMaggot

LRMaggot Active Member

I have the same two filters as before also (distance & rating). Not really overly worried but would be nice to get what they advertise. On an unbranded Desire on 3UK.

7. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

You people do realize some of the features are BETA software, right? Not all functions will be 100% yet...Google is testing these features.

8. veryjiggy

Thanks so much!

@bfksc - Well, nowhere does it say that some people would get certain features of this update and some people won't. If that is indeed the case, google should mention it clearly rather than just saying that so-and-so are the new features in the update. It is this lack of info/communication/clarity in the Android ecosystem that sometimes just gets on my nerves. But then it is Google. And I love the company too much to move over to any other platform.