1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Google Maps force close issue..

Last Updated:

1. mkampy

mkampy Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone else having difficulty with Google Maps? I have not been able to make it work at all today...
    I have tried power off/on the phone, battery pull, unistall updates twice, I still cannot get it to work.

Any ideas? HTC EVO stock 2.2

Advertisement
  2. Crodley

Crodley Well-Known Member

I was also having that problem yesterday, but not today...no idea why...

3. wmtoandroid

wmtoandroid Well-Known Member

Yes, many force closes for me yesterday... strange.

4. ezliving

ezliving Member

Maps worked for me yesterday. Today it is "force close". Also same with navigation, my place...

5. OstrichSaK

OstrichSaK Well-Known Member

I posted this as a response to another thread but thought I would post here so others may see it that weren't subscribed to that thread and having issues. Please feel free to post if this helped anyone or not and discuss:

I've been running BB v0.4 since it came out and have never had an issue w/Google Maps... until yesterday. It happened when I was an hour or so away from home and tried to launch Maps to navigate to a location nearby. I noticed that it would launch, tried to draw map where it was last and as soon as GPS enabled and it attempted to place my current location it would force close. I tried several times and it was the same thing each time. Reboots and battery pulls didn't seem to do a single thing to help. When I returned home (closer to where maps had me last) it loaded just fine w/o any other changes.

So, as a possible fix for those having issues... try disabling GPS so that Google Maps uses the cell phone tower triangulation method to get your location close. Then enable GPS and see if that helps. I didn't have an opportunity to test this myself since it appears to be fine now but it's worth a shot if you're having issues.

It could also have something to do with the fact that Google Market was also down and it was a Google issue.