• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Maps Traffic Lines Thicker...???

rparra14

Dec 22, 2009
I just noticed today on my GNEX (verizon) phone that the traffic lines, especially the red, are way thicker than they use to be. When you are modestly zoomed out, you use to be able to see both sides of the freeway traffic. Now it seems like they modified the line thickness. See attached. Can anyone confirm if their phone is doing the same thing? Thanks -Ryan

1Screenshot_2013-04-05-13-32-42.png

I just noticed today on my GNEX (verizon) phone that the traffic lines, especially the red, are way thicker than they use to be. When you are modestly zoomed out, you use to be able to see both sides of the freeway traffic. Now it seems like they modified the line thickness. See attached. Can anyone confirm if their phone is doing the same thing? Thanks -Ryan

View attachment 52370

I can confirm that when I open maps, I can see both sides of streets/freeways at the starting size, and if I zoom out a little it becomes indistinguishable. But I don't normally zoom out that much, so i don't know if it was doing that before any previous updates to maps (or going to 4.2.2).

Coincidentally, I used to have to drive that way (110 to the 101) for my previous job.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones