1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Google Music

1. 3devious

3devious Well-Known Member

Sounds like the 3g Xooms are getting it first. I look forward to checking it out. I guess after the announcement at I/O it will become available.

Advertisement
    :
  2. clb2196

clb2196 Well-Known Member

So- I dunno. I've already got all my music on Amazon cloud. the only benefit looks like more storage, which right now (I have 20GB free thru Amazon) I don't need. I like that from Amazon I can download music through the app also- there are plenty of spots here without 3G coverage, especially on the subway. Also, the article is wrong, amazon Cloud Player does have playlists. So I'm not sure how Google Music is going to be better than what I already have.
    Google to introduce music service without major label support | ZDNet
  3. ckelly33

ckelly33 Well-Known Member

Amazon cloud is awesome, I have to agree. I'm gonna try the Music Beta but without label support it will be hard to overcome amazon's offering where (as pointed out above), I can buy my music too.
  4. clb2196

Yeah exactly. Plus any music you buy on amazon doesnt count toward your storage limit. It's gonna be tough to beat- if they'd beat Amazon out, it'd be a different story. But amazon was the first there, and when they do something they do it all the way, and they're tough to beat.
  5. 3devious

I was secretly hoping that the app would behave more like WinAmp and not stream my own stuff but be a good music player that had a lot of the features of other places like Pandora.
  6. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i got my update and i am wifi only.. but havent gotten 3.1 yet go figure
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. 3devious

They said you'll get it. I hope you like it. I forgot that the Music app was what they envisisioned for Google music. It's not terrible, but I am not sure what the excitement would be about. I'm still not feelin' it when it comes to keeping things in the cloud.
    kennychaffin likes this.
  8. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member

Google Music will be better if it supports WMA music files.
  9. clb2196

In an academic sense, I definitely agree. On a personal level, doesn't really make a difference to me. I'm sure the interface will be nicer than Amazon, and I'll definitely give it a try, I requested an invite. I'm giving them every opportunity to win me over. :)
    marctronixx likes this.
  10. ml3000

ml3000 Active Member

so, i received the invite but every time i try to log in it tells me that i have already requested an invite. Super frustrating and i don't know what to do or who to contact. this could be why maybe?

I think it might have to do with my google apps account and my gmail account.

anyone have any idea how to find out what account your xoom is registered under? I have a google apps account and a normal gmail account. I believe when i first turned on the xoom and put in my gmail information i used my google apps account. well since the online market came out i am never able to see the apps that i use under my google apps account but i can with my gmail account so i use that account to download apps from the website but i do have apps that i have downloaded under the google apps account.

confusing i know ... but that might explain why i got a invite but i cant get it to work. any help would be awesome. thanks!

anyone have any idea who i can contact to see whats up with this?
  11. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

the account you registered for the invite is the account you need on the xoom.
  12. ml3000

ml3000 Active Member

I have both accounts on the xoom though. i think your xoom only gets backed up to one account though... al the settings and such. not sure when one they would have
  13. marctronixx

yes only one account for the xoom. the invite should match the xooms address for less hassle.
  14. BiGMERF

BiGMERF Well-Known Member

i sent a request for an invite to there cloud service beta 2 days go but no luck. sigh
  15. Peterpoose

Peterpoose Well-Known Member

Only available in the united States...........

Whats so wrong with us Brits lol
    kennychaffin and NTexican like this.
  16. NTexican

NTexican Member

That's a whole 'nother thread:D
    kennychaffin likes this.
  17. clb2196

Same here, invite requested, none yet. :( No update yet either (for 3G). I lose. :(
  18. rhippler

rhippler Well-Known Member

Well I have both now. Currently up loading. Looks like it will take about 8 days to send it all up there. Too bad they didn't just make it work with whatever player you have. Gonna miss the HTC lock screen controls when I use it.
  19. Tech Addiction

Tech Addiction Well-Known Member

Got my Invite yesterday. I did beg on Twitter yesterday morning but i'm sure that was coincidence.
  20. Jbart15

Jbart15 Well-Known Member

I really do not like the player for Amazon.
  21. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

Now thats a little bit weird! I saw the post about the begging on twitter. I thought it couldn't hurt. So I tried it. Got my invite 1 hour later.
    Tech Addiction likes this.
  22. billbunton

billbunton Active Member

I just got an invite, and haven't been on twitter for months :)
  23. marctronixx

i have 3 gmail accounts. i received a separate invite for each account. so now i have the one ive been using for a couple weeks +3 more...
  24. tjreishus

tjreishus Well-Known Member

I've been playing around with it, and I do love it. Although, there was one thing that I was a little disappointed with. I understood the idea that you can now access your music from any device, but I thought it also meant that you can add music to your online library from any device. If you can, I have not figured out how to do this. I purchased a song from amazon on my xoom. It shows up in my music library, so I added it to a playlist on my xoom that I had created from my desktop. It's now part of my playlist on my xoom, but that song is not part of the same playlist that shows up on my desktop or my droid X. I sure hope that I am missing something, or there will be an update that corrects this. Anyone know how to upload music to google music on the xoom?