Google Navigation - Never Quite Right

Last Updated:

1. geemacd

geemacd Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Need some advice, google maps and navigation never quite takes me to the right place, close too it but never quite there.

Now near location is okay for something free, but its usually that last wee bit that you need more than anything, instead of you coming to an estate and it tells you its on the left hand side, which is the whole estate.

I read in a thread here someplace about another free sat-nav that Im sure was for another phone type, but then someone in one of the other phone forums gave everyone a link into that forum to show how it works.

Anyone know what I am talking about ? (most folks never do and they know me lol) or anyone know how to make the google navigation more reliable ?

Advertisement
  2. OFI

OFI Well-Known Member

Could the free one possibly be AndNav2 ?

3. anthgav

anthgav Well-Known Member

Personnally I find google navigation to be extremely accurate.
    When you put an address in do you put a generalized area or a specific address such as house number?
    Do you have GPS on?

4. wuthton

wuthton Well-Known Member

As above, just postcode is not accurate, they generally refer to a whole street. Any sat nav is only as accurate as the data it is given.

I find Google nav to be very accurate because many businesses have updated their location on Google maps.

5. jred7469

jred7469 Well-Known Member

I find its awesome and absolutely spot on! I give it house no and postcode where possible but even the search feature works really well

6. CarsnGadgets

CarsnGadgets Well-Known Member

if you start in googlemaps or streetview and tap the exact spot on the map you want to go to (zoomed right in) and press so that the tag pops up, then choose to navigate to that place its more accurate. Postcodes generally reffer to a whole street.