• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Google password change - problems logging into google on my galaxy S2

ksammut91

Lurker
Sep 3, 2012
Hey all, I recently changed my google account password. I am trying to log into google on my phone, however when I enter the new password, it keeps telling me "You have entered the wrong password or your account has changed. Please re-enter your password." I've tried entering the new password a million times, tried re-starting the phone, tried putting in the old password etcetera etcetera, but nothing worked. Could some kind soul possibly help me?

Hey ksammut91 I had the exact same problem recently. On the phone drag down the notification bar and look for something related to the password change or problem (I can’t remember what it said but it’s obvious when you see it). Press the exclamation point next to the wording an screen will come allowing you to make the change. Why it’s this convoluted is beyond me.

Reactions: petersteier
Upvote 0
Greetings ksammut91,

Welcome to the forums.

It seems like you have 2-step verification turned on.

When you use this, it allows you to use apps that request access to your Google account, without having to provide your Google information.

Application specific passwords are generated to provide these apps with said access.

Instead of inputting your main Google credentials into the app, you would provide the generated app specific code.

The app connects to your account like normal and your Google log-in password remains private.

You can also revoke access by removing the specific code from the allowed codes in your Google account.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones