• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Google Phone (Huawei) IDEOS android 2.2 questions

matador360

Lurker
Nov 14, 2010
Hi there, I'm new to android and have read pages 1-18 so far and can't find a solution to my problem

I've just purchased the IDEOS u8150 Google phone and I've inserted my microSD card (taken from my old Nokia phone), luckily all the videos recorded via my Nokia phone played well. The problem is the audio/music, the IDEOS phone built-in music player can only recognise the MP3 flies but not the WMA, nor aac, can someone recommend a free apps that can play multiple formats ?

also when I connected my IDEOS phone onto my MacBook pro 9via USB), and copied mp3 files from Mac drive onto the IDEOS microSD (music sub directory), I noticed the music player can see it but it does not play when you click/open file, not sure what's the problem here as well

cheers

Hi there, I'm new to android and have read pages 1-18 so far and can't find a solution to my problem

you have read pages 1-18 of what?

The problem is the audio/music, the IDEOS phone built-in music player can only recognise the MP3 flies but not the WMA, nor aac, can someone recommend a free apps that can play multiple formats ?

You can try Rock Player.

I noticed the music player can see it but it does not play when you click/open file, not sure what's the problem here as well

How are you trying to open the file? Through a file manager?

Upvote 0
My guess is that it has to do with the codecs. Try looking at the files on a PC using avicodec. Check the results against the codecs supported by the phone. There are programs that will decode files and save them using a different codec. Some are better than others (losses, compression). I'm not a good one to advise on which ones to use.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones